2015 Shelby GT350 Powertrain

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Awesome info SVTP!
We can't wait to get our hands on this beast! Order Placed.

Biskit427

Nice! That thing will be fun for sure! *starts unbolting my 4.6 3v and waits for the crate engine option* :p

Wonder how many of these parts (bare heads, intake, oil pan and headers) would fit/work with the current 5.0 block?

bpmurr

Established Member
Was hoping for at least 535HP. That would put it 100 over the GT. Now how about weight savings over a GT for each trim?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Tough crowd. 526 hp NA at $50k has never been done.

Minor exhaust tweak and it'll make just about 550.

powerwhee

Established Member
Not gonna lie I was hoping for somewhere around 550 hp stock, although it probably easily will by just taking the cats off the car.

The fact that it has to run on 93 to make 526 is also kind of annoying. Here in California 91 is only available. Which probably knocks it down closer to 510/410. And that point a bolt on gt can get to those numbers without much work.

It won't rev to 8250 but it will rev to 7500. I was hoping for something like 550HP @ 8500 RPM and 430 lb ft @4800 rpm for the gt350 stock.

Last edited:

10splaya22

Established Member
Nice! That thing will be fun for sure! *starts unbolting my 4.6 3v and waits for the crate engine option* :p

Wonder how many of these parts (bare heads, intake, oil pan and headers) would fit/work with the current 5.0 block?

I don't think much if anything. Entire engine is almost a fresh design from what I've read.

bpmurr

Established Member

The minor tweak is no cats right? If so can the ECU with stock calibration handle the removal of the cats without the need for an aftermarket tune?

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

seriously, some people are never happy. I pretty called these numbers.

exhaust, intake and tune is gonna yield nice gains for a NA motor and 8200 redline. I am happy especially for the price, this blows the z28 away as far as bargain.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The minor tweak is no cats right? If so can the stock ECU win stock calibration form handle the removal of the cats without the need for an aftermarket tune?

We shall see.

I'm probably gonna have mine sent straight out to have some exhaust mods and we'll see what the various results are.

powerwhee

Established Member
How do you know a tune will yield the same gains it does on the coyote? That's just speculation....also the intake seems to be pretty well made from the factory. Ford could have made their factory tune aggressive considering its a "race variant". The cat removal and accompanying tune upping the redline to 8500 are the only "easy" mods I see to be done to the gt350.

Last edited:

Biskit427

It is really tempting to order one! (Never ordered a car from a dealership before. New to newer cars :p)

That is a lot of car for the price they are asking.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
We shall see.

I'm probably gonna have mine sent straight out to have some exhaust mods and we'll see what the various results are.

I have a feeling I'll be visiting Lethal shortly after taking delivery, if for nothing other than seeing what they have planned, have done, meet the team.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Definitely gonna do E85 also for even bigger gains...

Ford always leaves room on the table tuning wise

powerwhee

Established Member
Don't think so, its still a street car and has to pass the same durability tests as other production engines.

That's true, but that doesn't mean Ford wouldn't try to maximize performance more out of the GT350 than the standard GT. I'm not saying the gains won't be there, just that I expect they won't be as drastic as on the coyote.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
This might be my next car, decently priced with present day ammenities. FINALLY

Can't think of anything at the moment I want to change besides wheels possibly. So we got the power, this might be a stretch, but what about... weight?

Users who are viewing this thread