2015 new photo shoot from Japan

u1cobra

Established Member
Long time no post...

I had a chance to take new photos of my Cobra yesterday.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

And today I hiked to Mt, Kintoki (3,976ft), a part of Hakone Mountains with my friend Tyler, who stationed at Yokosuka U.S.Naval base, he also a member of this forum "5.0foxbody"(but long time no activity...).
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Cobra pics took at "A" zone of this map, and Focus pic took at point "B", Mt. Kintoki is point "C", Machida is my living city:rolling:.
web.jpg

Thank you for watching.:beer:
Yuichi

Marc

Established Member
I did almost 9 years at Kadena, Okinawa Japan. They quoted me a fortune to take my car there. Did it cost you a lot of money to have yours shipped there?

May93

Established Member
I did almost 9 years at Kadena, Okinawa Japan. They quoted me a fortune to take my car there. Did it cost you a lot of money to have yours shipped there?

I served 1 1/2 years back and forth between Camp Foster and Camp Schwab. The scenery there was beautiful. Of course at 19 I don't think I realized it so much. Thanks for serving!

u1cobra

Established Member
Cool pics! The DSG looks good... as always!
Thank you:beer:.

Great photos!

I'm not a service man, just a Japanese guy.
We Japanese people paying for ship $8,000 to 12,000.

Great shots. That is some location.

That is bad ass. I bet you get a lot of looks with the cobra
Unfortunately almost people don't know about SVT Cobra over here.

I served 1 1/2 years back and forth between Camp Foster and Camp Schwab. The scenery there was beautiful. Of course at 19 I don't think I realized it so much. Thanks for serving!
Yeah, Okinawa has very beautiful beaches.
Sorry, I'm not a service man, just a Japanese guy, but I love U.S. military, service men and women.:beer:

May93

Established Member
[/QUOTE] Sorry, I'm not a service man, just a Japanese guy, but I love U.S. military, service men and women.:beer:[/QUOTE]

Looking at the 60's and 70's American Muscle cars while stationed in Japan helped with being homesick. When I talked to the owners at the time they appreciated speaking with someone who recognized the type of car they drove. I'd like to visit again sometime and bring my wife to see how beautiful the place was. I spent a few months at MT Fuji as well.

Last edited:

Dirt2067

Established Member
Are the license plates numbered by the person?
Seems odd both plates are the same numbers but the "characters" differ

u1cobra

Established Member
Damn I want to visit out there so bad
Yeah, come to my country one day.:beer:

Wow! Looks amazing
Thank you.:beer:

Nice shots!!

Awesome pictures! :beer:

Looking at the 60's and 70's American Muscle cars while stationed in Japan helped with being homesick. When I talked to the owners at the time they appreciated speaking with someone who recognized the type of car they drove. I'd like to visit again sometime and bring my wife to see how beautiful the place was. I spent a few months at MT Fuji as well.
Yeah, most of American car owners feel happy when they asked from American people about their car, but most of them can't speak English well including me lol.
If you bring your wife to Japan, I recommend March throu April because you can see beautiful cherry blossoms all over Japan(dates are depends on area and weather), and of course Mt. Fuji still have snow cap.

Great pics.

Great pics and thanks for sharing.

Very cool pics as always :beer:

Always loved this car, glad to know all is well.

u1cobra

Established Member
Are the license plates numbered by the person?
Seems odd both plates are the same numbers but the "characters" differ
Yes, numbers are my personal.
76-62 was a number of my old 97 SVT Cobra, it was a assigned number, we can't choose personal number at 1997.
We can choose numbers since end of 90s, so I picked 76-62 out for 2nd and 3rd SVTs.

Characters on top means living area.
Focus's character is present living area.
Cobra's character is previous living area, I moved my place after bought 03 Cobra, but I don't change plates yet.

Users who are viewing this thread