2015 Mustang Review / Boss 302 Comparison

rrg9946

Established Member
Below is a link that contains a decent review. It also contains the much debated excerpt from Dave Pericak:

Author/Driver: Brian Makse-"Mustang Chief Engineer Dave Pericak told me that, yes, this new car is faster than the Boss. Indeed, it's 1.5 seconds around Michigan's Grattan Raceway - a circuit where I've won some races - and I can tell you that's a real accomplishment".

http://www.autonet.ca/en/2014/09/21/first-drive-2015-ford-mustang-gt

Discuss, your thoughts to this comparo........

Last edited:

rrg9946

Established Member
Here is just one of many:

Quote Originally Posted by black99lightnin View Post

So why did the other thread get closed.

BTW, called it. Slower than the outgoing model, EB4 not any faster than the current 6banger or a 3valve. But it does have a nice interior.

And it won't beat a boss 302 on a road course.

Don't see this going into my garage.

rrg9946

Established Member
wowowwow! the 15 haters will be backpeddling soon enough!

Here's another one from the same member:

Quote Originally Posted by black99lightnin View Post

Laugh all you want. What I've been saying is coming to fruition. Everyone told me it was going to be faster than the outgoing GT because surely the the HP was underated. Doesn't show it. How about you show me where the new TP car is faster than a Boss. From what I've read in the articles they are hinting it won't be. Boss is lighter, has more HP, and is more balanced.
$50 Boss is faster around a road course????????????????????????????????????

Run a stripper 2014 vs a stripper 2015, the 15 still loses. Bolt a set of slicks and launch at 5K, 2014 is gone and the 2015 is sitting at the 30ft mark with a broken halfshaft.

The EB car is a dud. It runs with stock SHO Taurus that weigh 4400lbs. Question is will it run low 13's high 12's like the boat Taurus with only a TUNE. I doubt it.

Don't be mad at me that Ford sold you a bill of goods. Be mad at them the car is a disappointment. Reading those articles I don't see anything glowing about the new car, except the interior.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
If this is truly accurate, wonder what that means vs. 1LE? Should be a really close race?

rrg9946

Established Member
One More:

Quote Originally Posted by IamRacerX View Post

What has hurt this car the most is expectations. Between Ford teaseing us with "lighter" and other rumors claiming "nearly 500hp" then claiming the track pac will mop up the Boss.... I think they did it to themselves. We all were expecting a lot..... the car is an improvement over all.... no question.... but expectations are clouding that!

ArabianOak

Established Member
these clowns were all talking smack before any true track testing was done...I read that a stock 2015 with 3.73 (track pack) has hit 115 and 116 mph in the 1/4 mile from two different testers...if that's the case, it definetly is faster in a straight line than the 14 model.

That combined with the HUGELY improved interior and handling will make this easily the best mustang ever.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Also here is the information about the track it was tested on against the BOSS

About this track:

"The picturesque road course is two miles long with several unique and challenging corners. It is considered to be one of the finest courses in America. Some of its features include a 3,200 foot straightaway, a 160 degree hairpin turn and a downhill reverse camber turn. If you can master Grattan, you can race anywhere."

ArabianOak

Established Member
grattan_map.png

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
these clowns were all talking smack before any true track testing was done...I read that a stock 2015 with 3.73 (track pack) has hit 115 and 116 mph in the 1/4 mile from two different testers...if that's the case, it definetly is faster in a straight line than the 14 model.

That combined with the HUGELY improved interior and handling will make this easily the best mustang ever.

I've seen stock A6's run 12.59 @ 115. Post where you read a stock 2015 ran 115-116. Or are you just "talking smack".

rrg9946

Established Member
Obviously ruffled your feathers, ha suger? Didn't mean to make you tear up. Would you like some tissue?

Where's they test info Boss vs Track pack GT? Who did the test? I truly don't care either way, but prove it. Enough with the engineer said it would do it.......

Also already proved a 3 valve will rip stock for stock an EB4 a new asshole, if we're magazine racing.

Oh, wait. Still not going in my garage.

So what else does your bitch ass have to say. Refute with actual proof this time.

I don't have feathers. The last time I shed a tear was in Iraq. Not a very emotional person. But thanks for your concern.

Just letting you understand that there is more than your opinion out there. Oh and I don't like sugar. I like coffee like I like my M-100 SASS, cold and black.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I've seen stock A6's run 12.59 @ 115. Post where you read a stock 2015 ran 115-116. Or are you just "talking smack".

it doesn't really matter to me, i'm excited about this new car and did not buy it for straight line speed...with a tune and intake it will have plenty of speed just like all the other new gen 5.0's. I'm looking forward to having a car that will be much more comfy not only on the inside, but driving daily as well.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
it doesn't really matter to me, i'm excited about this new car and did not buy it for straight line speed...with a tune and intake it will have plenty of speed just like all the other new gen 5.0's. I'm looking forward to having a car that will be much more comfy not only on the inside, but driving daily as well.

so what you're saying is you don't have any proof just wanted to "talk smack". Just say you don't have any ****ing proof.

Voltwings

Established Member
Jesus Christ, again with the EB4, i already proved you wrong on that account. You are comparing an automatic EB4 to manual transmission 3vs and v6s. The 3.7 v6 is like 8/10 faster, if not more, auto vs manual; a 14.8 vs a 14.0, and a 3v auto is no better, doing a low 14 with an auto. The auto v6 also traps like 94, whereas the stick traps almost 100, i dont know why this wont sink in with you but the stock autos (maybe not in the GT) are pretty F'n terrible in stock form. Just wait until a proper test of the EB4 is done with a standard and we can add a few more quotes to this thread ...

Also, the proof seems pretty plain to me in the OP, 1.5 seconds faster ... you're trying to tell me you doubt Ford Tested the new track pack GT against a Boss? Seems pretty unlikely.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Jesus Christ, again with the EB4, i already proved you wrong on that account. You are comparing an automatic EB4 to manual transmission 3vs and v6s. The 3.7 v6 is like 8/10 faster, if not more, auto vs manual; a 14.8 vs a 14.0, and a 3v auto is no better, doing a low 14 with an auto. The auto v6 also traps like 94, whereas the stick traps almost 100, i dont know why this wont sink in with you but the stock autos (maybe not in the GT) are pretty F'n terrible in stock form. Just wait until a proper test of the EB4 is done with a standard and we can add a few more quotes to this thread ...

Also, the proof seems pretty plain to me in the OP, 1.5 seconds faster ... you're trying to tell me you doubt Ford Tested the new track pack GT against a Boss? Seems pretty unlikely.

You didn't prove anybody wrong. You compared a base 3.7 with 2.73 gears against a trackpack EB4. I pulled track pack V6 times and it clearly stomps that ass.

And no, I don't take anyone's word as gold, especially an auto manufacturer trying to sell a new model.:rollseyes Sorry, show me the proof. Is that a hard concept to understand.

Voltwings

Established Member
I compared an Auto V6, a standard V6, an auto 3v and a standard 3v to prove a point. The autos are always slower. No shit the standard v6 and 3vs are faster than the auto EB4, thats the point i have been making this entire time, each is .5 - .8 faster than their auto siblings. So, what does that mean? It means the EB4 with a standard ... wait for it .... will be faster. Its not rocket science boss.

Users who are viewing this thread