2015 Mustang leaked photos

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Is this 200# weight reduction when compared to the same outgoing model ('14 GT to '15 GT)? Or is it something like a new 4 cyl offering compared to the current V6?

The 200# figure came from fantasy land.

A couple weeks ago the 2015 Mustang was going to be 15" shorter, 6" narrower and weigh 400 lbs less.

Last night it was pretty much exactly the same size, except a little lower and wider (i.e not "smaller") and it could drop 200# from magical fenders.

This morning here is the quote from Autoweek (the source of the 200# figure in the first place, unless I missed it somewhere else):

The next Mustang is 0.2-inch shorter than today's. Its A-pillars move rearward slightly more than an inch so its hood is a bit longer; hood, roof and rear deck heights drop 1 to 2 inches. Yet, it's also a bit wider, and its rear track increases nearly 3 inches.

So much for downsizing for narrow streets in Europe and Asia. And while Ford has opened the book on the next Mustang in nearly every respect, it remains tight-lipped about weight. “All we're saying at this point is that we set high performance standards and met or surpassed them,” Pericak says.

Here's what we can deduce. The next Mustang has a larger footprint, more standard equipment and aluminum front fenders to go with the current car's aluminum hood. A 200-pound reduction in curb weights—much less 400—seems like the fringe of probability. We'd guess perhaps a couple percent reduction for the V6 and V8 or none at all.

So we went from a tiny little Mustang that weighed nothing to a Mustang that is pretty much the same exact size that could lose 200 pounds on "the fringe of probability" and more likely would lose "none at all."

Believe the weights of the different models when you see it on a spec sheet provided by Ford Motor Company.

Rev Happy

Established Member
I like it…and the Cobra will look even better. So glad they moved away from the retro as I was never a fan of the 05-14s. The car is kind of a cross between an Aston and 6 series coupe.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Man..looking at the interior video, I really hope they don't touch a single thing going into production. They nailed it imo, has a FGT feel with the toggles, and looks refined as shit! As much as I said I wasn't going to...there may be one of these in the garage lol.

yello 5.0

Established Member
The interior, angled rear lights, and fastback design are right on. The front vanilla catfish bumper is just plain weird. Time will tell!

Users who are viewing this thread