2015 Mustang GT Seats in 96 Cobra

arayray

Established Member
I just picked up a set of cloth 2015 Mustang GT Seats (both electric) to swap into my 96 Cobra. Here is where I will document the process of installing them.

Plans:
Replace carpet & double din install
Reupholstered later on down the road to black leather w/ green "SVT"
Possibly selling rear seats and getting a metal delete

Installation options:
1. Get seat tracks from 94-98 seats and try to bolt them to the bottom on the 15 seats (may lose electric capability)
2. Cut the mounting "ears" off the 15 seats and weld new pieces to bolt the seat down
3. See if http://www.oemcarandtruckseats.com/ can make a mounting bracket to install.

Option 2, would most likely be the best and that way I can retain the factory electric functions as well.
EE236407-4C3E-4EB6-86DC-AE986BC16EEB_zpskfx96kus.jpg

sn95prcar

Established Member
When I swap s197 or newer seats into sn95, I use manual seat track from sn95, I space them out accordingly, then drill new holes on s197 seat frame. When done, the seats will be lower then original, if you need it to be taller, just need spacers & longer bolts. I have done many of these.

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
Ill be interested in seeing how this turns out. And lower would not be bad as long as the travel is not impeded any. I don't like that my terminator seats sit way higher than stock SN95 seats.

arayray

Established Member
When I swap s197 or newer seats into sn95, I use manual seat track from sn95, I space them out accordingly, then drill new holes on s197 seat frame. When done, the seats will be lower then original, if you need it to be taller, just need spacers & longer bolts. I have done many of these.

I'm going to try to keep the electric tracks from the 15's, I am simply going to cut off the bracket where it mounts to the floor and fabricate new ones to make it fit just right in my car.

Jeff Rickerson

I picked up '15 seats for my 99. Heated/ventilated leather. seems like the brackets will line up okay, but the wiring. Holy Hell. Anyone have access to an S550 book?

cobralvr01

Established Member
Anything with this? s550 black cloth seats are extremely cheap right now and I'm considering snagging a front pair.

arayray

Established Member
I ended up getting them in but not using the stock locations. After many attempts to make a bracket that would bolt in at the stock locations I gave up and bolted them directly through the floor. The power plug connector was simple, it has a power & ground that power the controller on the side so I just wired them with a new connector to the car power & ground.

The downside, the trim panel on the side needs to be heavily modified to get the door to close properly. I currently am still trying to figure that out.

BDAAB955-889F-4752-AA3D-5760308953FC_zps6vapn2xr.gif

arayray

Established Member
No updates as of yet. The seats have been in, bolted directly through the floor as mentioned. I still need to make a trim piece unfortunately. The seats are definitely an upgrade and considering you get get factory leather take off covers for cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread