2015 Mustang GT Reviews

1o1proof

Established Member
A lot of backpedal going on over at 6G...I admit the reviews so far do not impress me. Still want to see and drive for myself though.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I love reading these reviews. "A mutant DNA of a 5.0 fox body and an e46"

Sounds like it's a great driving car with a bit of anger. I want to drive one now.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Doesn't the whole (EST) thing after time and weight mean estimated?

Vbox.jpg

ThomasL

Established Member
Generally pretty positive reviews. Sounds like a good all around car. Shines on the curves.

o2gt

Established Member
Not really sure what to think st this point. I'm sure it's going to be a good car and I don't want to bash it before I drive it or act like I know more about building cars than ford does. But motor trend puts the weight at over 3800lbs a couple reviews mention that it's to quite is no faster than the old car. I'm just underwhelmed at this point.
I thought I would be blown away like I was with the first reviews or the boss or 2011 5.0

I guess for all the improvements that make it more global and more refined. It's seems to have lots some of the ruff edges that some people like.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Not really sure what to think st this point. I'm sure it's going to be a good car and I don't want to bash it before I drive it or act like I know more about building cars than ford does. But motor trend puts the weight at over 3800lbs a couple reviews mention that it's to quite is no faster than the old car. I'm just underwhelmed at this point.
I thought I would be blown away like I was with the first reviews or the boss or 2011 5.0

I guess for all the improvements that make it more global and more refined. It's seems to have lots some of the ruff edges that some people like.
The weight was a fully optioned GT with every available option. One review said it was 196lbs heavier than a previous year Mustang with the same options...That seems a bit off as fully loaded 2014 GT was not 3600 lbs.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
This car should have 700hp from factory. Either way no one cares, waiting for the collectible models (svt/shelby) to come out, expecting 4000+lbs and 800hp. Now if only i had a place to store this money investing car for 40 years. :idea:

o2gt

Established Member
The weight was a fully optioned GT with every available option. One review
said it was 196lbs heavier than a previous year Mustang with the same options...That seems a bit off as fully loaded 2014 GT was not 3600 lbs.

So it's 196lb heavier Than the previous model. Not terrible more than the last reports seemed to indicate. I'm not sure what the last fully loaded gt weighed I would think around 3700 so that puts the new one some were around 3900lb. I'm not sure I would be able to tell on the street. I don't track my car I'm not even that great of a driver. But it would have been nice to if they could have managed to keep the weight lower. If nothing else to help add to the sensation when accelerating hard.

The reviews seem strange to me. They seem to like the car and the handling sounds much improved maybe not to the boss level. But there is no big leap forward like I thought there would be. We all new the power numbers before today, but I still believed they had something up their sleeves. I wonder if this is why the launch has been so drawn out.
Part of me thinks the will make some changes next year.

Users who are viewing this thread