2015 Mustang GT hood vibrates at highway speeds

weebz69

Established Member
Hey guys Sunday I picked up my 2015 Mustang GT. Yesterday it was pretty windy out and I was playing around with a camaro and I noticed my hood was vibrating like crazy almost looked like it was gonna fly off. It freaked me out so I hit the brakes and then once I got back down to like 60 it was fine. But I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this and or does Ford have a fix for this?

targablade

Established Member
Yes this is common but doesn't happen on the performance package GTs. I have a 2015 GT PP and have been 160 with no hood shake.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I notice mine moving just a little every now and then on my PP, but nothing that concerns me.

I wonder if the strut tower brace is hitting the bottom of the hood and stopping it from flexing?

weebz69

Established Member
Yep, and nope.

Thanks and damn I'll have to talk to Ford next time I'm off. Also itd be nice to know the difference from the bottom of the barrel GT to the GT PP. I wonder if it is the strut tower brace...oh well atleast the car shifts way better than my 11 GT500 lol

Last edited:

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
From what I've read PP or not has nothing to do with it. My PP does it a little as well but I've only been up to 120 or so and its not bad enough that it worries me.

weebz69

Established Member
From what I've read PP or not has nothing to do with it. My PP does it a little as well but I've only been up to 120 or so and its not bad enough that it worries me.

ok maybe I was going faster than I thought plus it was a really windy day. I guess it can shake all it wants long as it doesn't go flying into my windshield. Oh well hopefully Ford will get a fix out but who knows

Dcrypter

Established Member
I notice mine moving just a little every now and then on my PP, but nothing that concerns me.

I wonder if the strut tower brace is hitting the bottom of the hood and stopping it from flexing?

My strut tower brace was removed for my blower and my k- brace cut to fit the TB and I still don't have any noticeable hood flex.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I guess if it becomes a problem, we'll just have to switch out to GT350 hoods. Wouldn't that be a shame?

jjones

Established Member
I have a GT PP and mine shakes pretty bad around 120. It just looks like it is floating at 80. I even had it tell my hood was unlatched at 100 before, scared the crap out of me when it did that. As long as it does not fly open then i will be ok with it.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm guessing that at high speeds there is more pessure building up under the hood than the little vents can handle. Bigger vents or a cowl vent might fix it if so...

Someone posted a vid in pics&vids that showed the whole center of the hood bulging up at 120+ or something.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
I've noticed mine vibrating quite a bit at interstate speeds. Glad I'm not alone. Hope they get a fix soon...

Users who are viewing this thread