2015 Mustang GT 1/4 mile tune comparison

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
So I had tried out two different tuners after not being impressed with the experience I had with the first. This is a Lund tuned 2015 GT automatic with just the tune and some mufflers on street tires. I was expecting a 12.5-12.6 at 112-112.5 and I was pleasantly surprised to see the results. The car MOVES. I had dyno'd the Lund tune and lost a few HP on the dyno and they quickly worked with me and are still doing so to tighten it up and I am very, very impressed overall with how they handled it. The car had over a half a tank too on this run! So with the DR and less weight I see a 12.1 in my future tune only.

[video=youtube;RycINq7aiRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycINq7aiRc[/video]
[video=youtube;vrn3UnyoDAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrn3UnyoDAc[/video]

20150924_005231_zpsjlfoqqh0.jpg

Same tires, same car, same exhaust, and pretty much same conditions and the Lund tune did very well against the other tune I had.

19935.slow

Established Member
My buddy ran a month back with his auto 15 at OSW. Bigs and littles, full stainless works, catted H and a vmp tune and he ran about the same time as you. Shit it might even have a jlt on it can't remember. Your times are great man. I know it was a little hotter a month ago, but not much.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You also had slightly better air on the run with the Lund tune, 1600DA vs 2100. Not that is going to make a huge difference, just a little food for thought. I bet you are running 12.0s once things cool down more.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Nice im going with a lund tune for mine in about a month.
I highly recommend it. They really helped me get dialed in.

My buddy ran a month back with his auto 15 at OSW. Bigs and littles, full stainless works, catted H and a vmp tune and he ran about the same time as you. Shit it might even have a jlt on it can't remember. Your times are great man. I know it was a little hotter a month ago, but not much.

Holy crap no way, like full stainless works exhaust? Longtubes and all? Everyone was really shocked to see me cutting 12.41's with 1.9X 60's. I was told to try to launch off idle right now too.

I am still stock intake too. Gonna go for the 12.1-12.2's next weekend on Sunday come out.

You also had slightly better air on the run with the Lund tune, 1600DA vs 2100. Not that is going to make a huge difference, just a little food for thought. I bet you are running 12.0s once things cool down more.

Yeah I didn't think it was enough of a difference in DA to warrant being concerned. I also had 1/2 less tank of fuel in the Eric Brooks run, my fuel light was on for those runs but these Lund tune runs had well over 1/2 tank of gas.

Looking for 11.9X-12.0X when it cools down on a DR.

Thanks Fellas

TClark22

Established Member
Great runs but I think your lower 60' times had more to do with it than the tune. But you did pick up 4 mph between your left stock run and your right best run so that's good

With that MPH you should be a 10th or so lower with better 60s. I ran 12.14 @ 115 w/ a 1.78 60 in my car when it was just jlt, longtubes and drag radials

19935.slow

Established Member
I highly recommend it. They really helped me get dialed in.

Holy crap no way, like full stainless works exhaust? Longtubes and all? Everyone was really shocked to see me cutting 12.41's with 1.9X 60's. I was told to try to launch off idle right now too.

I am still stock intake too. Gonna go for the 12.1-12.2's next weekend on Sunday come out.

Yeah I didn't think it was enough of a difference in DA to warrant being concerned. I also had 1/2 less tank of fuel in the Eric Brooks run, my fuel light was on for those runs but these Lund tune runs had well over 1/2 tank of gas.

Looking for 11.9X-12.0X when it cools down on a DR.

Thanks Fellas

Sorry for responding so late, but yes full Stainless Works. Car needs gears, factory converter is too tight, tires are big, so gears will sneak her into the 11's, especially if we start getting some nice weather here shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread