2015 Mustang EcoBoost 2.3 first ride - Motortrend

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
A 4 banger in a mustang, no thanks.

But it should replace the six shooter

nux1

Established Member
Pretty much a bunch of useless information. Can't wait for a proper review of the thing. I'm starting to think they are going to release it without one.

Depends how solid the engine is. From the rumors I've read the internals aren't forged and the turbos are pretty much at the top of their range. This will take a pretty big hit from running if you need to drop 3-4k to make serious power. If the internals are forged and the turbos can hold another 50-75 hp I think it will be pretty popular since basic bolt ons and a tune will really set it apart it from the 6er. This will be much more popular than the SVO since turbo technology and tuning are a lot more common now. Depends on pricing too. The EB v6 was a premium over the 5.0 in the F-150. Although I do like that EB better than the 5.0 stock if they price this at a premium I'm pretty sure it's not going to do well.

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Looks promising. I can't wait to see test data from the GT with the Performance Package compared to the new BMW M4.

And I still don't understand how Ford does not know Power or weight figures yet. I'm willing to bet this car did not lose any weight at all as was claimed it would so they are stalling.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Don't forget our new editor in chief has his own first impression on the front page of svtp. Can't wait for a legit review.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Pretty much a bunch of useless information. Can't wait for a proper review of the thing. I'm starting to think they are going to release it without one.

Depends how solid the engine is. From the rumors I've read the internals aren't forged and the turbos are pretty much at the top of their range. This will take a pretty big hit from running if you need to drop 3-4k to make serious power. If the internals are forged and the turbos can hold another 50-75 hp I think it will be pretty popular since basic bolt ons and a tune will really set it apart it from the 6er. This will be much more popular than the SVO since turbo technology and tuning are a lot more common now. Depends on pricing too. The EB v6 was a premium over the 5.0 in the F-150. Although I do like that EB better than the 5.0 stock if they price this at a premium I'm pretty sure it's not going to do well.

The internals are forged. Sid wrote up a huge picture + specs on the front page not too long ago.

If they price this over the 5.0 it will be a huge failure, if its priced between base v6 and GT and you can get them for $25k OTD, it will succeed and you might see it replace the v6 in the future. Im cross shopping this versus a new 2.0t Gen Coupe and those are $25k OTD and only mid 200's hp.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The internals are forged. Sid wrote up a huge picture + specs on the front page not too long ago.

If they price this over the 5.0 it will be a huge failure, if its priced between base v6 and GT and you can get them for $25k OTD, it will succeed and you might see it replace the v6 in the future. Im cross shopping this versus a new 2.0t Gen Coupe and those are $25k OTD and only mid 200's hp.
It will be priced between the V6 and 5.0. It will be more than a Genesis coupe though.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

the SVO Mustang of the mid to late 80's was a inline 4 banger as well, and one of the best handling cars of the era (and didn't do to bad in a straight line).. (205 hp/248 ft lbs for the 85.5 model year)

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
lol how was canadian pricing released, but not u.s. pricing? I would have thought it would be the other way around.

Everything about this release is odd to me. No power figures, weight figures etc..

Ecoboost fastback 27,999
Ecoboost premium. 33,499
GT Fastback. 36,999
GT premium. 42,499

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Everything about this release is odd to me. No power figures, weight figures etc..

Ecoboost fastback 27,999
Ecoboost premium. 33,499
GT Fastback. 36,999
GT premium. 42,499

I take it those are canadian pricings?

They still have not released MPG numbers either. The dealer build sheets all said "TBD" which leaves me to believe they are still in the phases of doing final ECM tuning of the car, which will not let them get the power numbers finalized.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I take it those are canadian pricings?

They still have not released MPG numbers either. The dealer build sheets all said "TBD" which leaves me to believe they are still in the phases of doing final ECM tuning of the car, which will not let them get the power numbers finalized.
Yes sir, Canadian prices.

Ecoboost Perfomance pack. 3000
GT Performance pack. 3700
6 speed auto. 1500
Leather Recaros. 1800

Also 50 Yr anniv GT package is 52,499

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread