2015 Mustang concept

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My guess is it will be the size of a 1 series BMW, maybe a tad bigger. IRS and about 3400lbs, (which will be very light to be safety compliant for the next 6-7 years).

On the extreme side, maybe a TT-V6 GT with the only V8 models being available in SVT models.

GM will produce a similarly small Camaro off the ATS platform as well. My guess is the next generation of cars will be focused on efficiency. No more 650hp 3900lb pony cars. :(

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The next chassis mustang will likely be the second coming MustangII

the 05-09 look most like the 64-67's.
10-12's look most like 68-69's
I dunno about 71-73 I think those will kinda get skipped.
all we have next is MustangII era (74-78).

Its funny how reading the wikipedia puts us right in this trend:
wikipedia said:
The Mustang was growing to become an intermediate-sized sedan, "too big and alienated many in its customer base." [3] The allure of the original Mustang was its trim size and concept. The automakers in Detroit had "begun to receive vibrations from the only source it really listens to — new-car buyers... The message: Build smaller cars"

though unlike in 74, we will still have multiple v8 models delivering gratuitous amounts of horsepower.

I pray the new one is ugly, it will make mine worth more

You probably shouldve bought something higher than a GT if you are thinking about worth......

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I am still waiting on a fox retro.

Oh goodness I hope another Cardboard box shaped mustang never gets built ever again. It's amazing to see what cocaine did to the late 70's/early 80's car designers.

But, the designers could take some good lessons from the Fox such as light weight, and a good drivetrain with a mandatory V8 coolness factor.

jas11151990

Established Member
My guess is it will be the size of a 1 series BMW, maybe a tad bigger. IRS and about 3400lbs, (which will be very light to be safety compliant for the next 6-7 years).

On the extreme side, maybe a TT-V6 GT with the only V8 models being available in SVT models.

GM will produce a similarly small Camaro off the ATS platform as well. My guess is the next generation of cars will be focused on efficiency. No more 650hp 3900lb pony cars. :(

This ^ I forget where but an svt engineer leaked/mentioned irs and less weight as a major change for the next gen mustang. Loosing a few hundred pounds is almost guaranteed in 2015.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Hope to God you're not talkin' about this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It might be that size or even smaller, but that is not what it will look like. I can see exactly how that 'rendering' was achieved, and there is nothing official about it.

That's a 10-13 Mustang that's been shortened with a couple tweaks to the rear borrowed from another car.

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
That pic has a lil bit of the 71-73 long roof line on it. The back end looks terrible below the lights. I'm sure this is just the first of a few concepts. I thought the concept for the 05's looked terrible but the end product was much better than my expectations were for it. I also don't remember many people liking the 94 when it first came out (im one of those people). But now that is a classic look that I love. The 96-98 cobra is one of my favorite mustangs of all. Give it time. Ford isn't completely stupid, I'm sure that will be nowhere near the real 2015.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It's not a concept, just some kid with photoshop.

Tapatalk

Planter

Banned
if this were to be the new 2015 Mustang, i'll be buying one

url

Users who are viewing this thread