2015 Magnetic Metallic Focus ST3

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Well I'm almost a month into being the proud owner of a 2015 st3! I'm rocking nearly 1400 miles so far and I can honestly say I am in love with this car.. I don't think I could've picked a more appropriate DD to sit my needs.

Right now I've got a boomba bov, a green filter, tinted the windows, and an fswerks short shift plate, and I've tinted my lower valence reflectors to make them blend a little better. I just picked up my real tag today and toned it down with a nice tinted tag cover. I've got my Steeda symposer delete on the way, Steeda shift bushings, a shorty billet antenna, and the black Steeda oval stickers. Will be doing a set of wheel spacers and a catback next, then comes some Springs and hopefully somewhere in there the splitter will get released and I'll pick it up too.

uploadfromtaptalk1427412966273.jpg

UPDATE!!

she's come a long way!
5f391cef3d28e59a202b424879105f07.jpg

Last edited:

einehund

Established Member
Nice looking car. My wife has put 12xxx miles on her 14 ST and she's pissed that I'm going to trade it for an RS... She'll get over it.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Nice looking car. My wife has put 12xxx miles on her 14 ST and she's pissed that I'm going to trade it for an RS... She'll get over it.

im very curious to see the availability and the price of the RS.. i would love to have one, but I have no desire to own a $40k ford focus,...LOL

mgallo13

Established Member
Well I'm almost a month into being the proud owner of a 2015 st3! I'm rocking nearly 1400 miles so far and I can honestly say I am in love with this car.. I don't think I could've picked a more appropriate DD to sit my needs.

just test drove this exact same spec car last saturday. equally in love. once i sell my current daily, we will basically be related i think.

planning on snagging a 2015 magnetic ST3. lucky #^$%

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
just test drove this exact same spec car last saturday. equally in love. once i sell my current daily, we will basically be related i think.

planning on snagging a 2015 magnetic ST3. lucky #^$%
She's come a long way so far! So far I've done garageline wheel spacers, a boomba BOV, green filter, fswerks short shift kit, steeda symposer delete, steeda trans bushings, magnaflow exhaust.

I'm in love with this car.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Updates!

Added boomba wing risers into the mix..

280f52e20071bdddcf7f18725261c2c4.jpg

0fe5951dba04bf42b06c1a341ca3d359.jpg

1159f468af8ae1a14542f273b0bfa57b.jpg

ae827f233274b101be42695a3fa4a9ae.jpg

Now I just gotta figure out what I'm gonna do about suspension.......

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Steeda has just came out with a nice set of springs for our cars. Koni makes yellow rear shocks fully adjustable. I'm awaiting the front struts then i will buy a set of both!

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Steeda has just came out with a nice set of springs for our cars. Koni makes yellow rear shocks fully adjustable. I'm awaiting the front struts then i will buy a set of both��!

the steeda springs didnt just come out.. they are the 13/14 springs. Enough people ran them and they "seemed" to fit the car and work so they rebranded them as 15 springs. Steeda alse says their gel overlays fit the 15 but they do not. There are a couple things they refuse to update on their site that irks me a little. So far the steeda springs will work, but there is still confusion on the 2015 spring rates. They DID increase it this year and ford posted numbers in the manual that are higher than the 14 cars. The problem I have is the spring rates that ford is claiming are on the 2015 ST are hgher than the steeda lowering springs. I dont want to soften my ride and lower it. i want the spring rate to be similar if not the same. The steeda springs are WAY under rated compared to the ford published numbers on our springs.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
This looks so good it hurts.. would love one of these for my daily.

thank you sir! I sold my cobra when I got my Diesel truck... drove that for a few years and sold it and bought this... its a phenominal DD, I love the car, but unfortunately its also my "fast" car... which after owning actual fast cars I say very lightheartedly. Its quick and runs good, but needs a tune to be perfect. But I'm choosing not to tune it so itll continue its 100k warranty without having to fight with ford.

SD_Stang

Established Member
Mountune has a nice setup with Springs and a Bilstein B8 dampers. Not to mention lots of performance goodies that don't void the warranty.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Mountune has a nice setup with Springs and a Bilstein B8 dampers. Not to mention lots of performance goodies that don't void the warranty.
you better have deep pockets with mountune. Their parts are triple the price and most HAVE to be installed by a ford dealer to maintain warranty. So a FMIC from steeda is $599 its $1400 from mountune.. the mountune doesn't cool as well as the steeda, AND youd have to pay the ford dealership $500 to install it. Hell ford charges $280 to change the plugs and flash the ECU with the tuner.. no thanks.

PhantomX

Established Member
Yea but if you buy the Ford stuff you still get the warranty, not much more for peace of mind. Most dealers aren't that picky either. if you have all the Ford Racing stuff on it and it has a problem they tend to not worry so much. At least in the 20+ I've had I've never run into an issue with warranty, then again I don't think I've had to take one in for anything related to tune or exhaust, they just seem to run without any problems. I do have a great relationship with my dealer though so that really helps. I'll probably do the Ford tuner, filter and plugs on mine. My dealers cool so they won't charge me a fortune to instal it all and I'll be covered under warranty which is important.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Yea but if you buy the Ford stuff you still get the warranty, not much more for peace of mind. Most dealers aren't that picky either. if you have all the Ford Racing stuff on it and it has a problem they tend to not worry so much. At least in the 20+ I've had I've never run into an issue with warranty, then again I don't think I've had to take one in for anything related to tune or exhaust, they just seem to run without any problems. I do have a great relationship with my dealer though so that really helps. I'll probably do the Ford tuner, filter and plugs on mine. My dealers cool so they won't charge me a fortune to instal it all and I'll be covered under warranty which is important.

exhaust wont void the warranty anyways unless you do a catless downpipe, then its a very dark gray area. other than that ford only offers the snorkle (which obviously wouldn't void anything) and the tune. The tune DOES void the factory warranty but ford racing will guarantee you that the tune will not interfere with the life of the engine for a total of 3 years or 36k miles. after the 3/36 they offer, you are on your own if the motor blows. Factory you have a 5/100k powertrain. NOT something I'm ok with giving up for 3/36k. Especially seeing how I'm at 7k miles on the car and its only a couple months old. On top of that.... I have a 2015 car. the FRPP tune will not work on a 2015 car. The programming is completely different on the 2015 cars.

Had I NOT known this I would be taking bad uneducated advice from people that are giving advice and don't even know themselves.

PhantomX

Established Member
So no tune on the 15's from Ford? That sucks. They'll fix that soon I'm sure. I have a '14 and they offer the Ford Racing Exhaust, Tune, Filter, snorkel and plugs. It's not much more than the same setup from Steeda or Cobb. All under warranty. I thought the factory power train was 5/60? I'll have to look at my sticker again. I love my little ST4 and it makes a nice stablemate next to the new '15GT PP as well.

Definitely an awesome DD and that new grey looks really sharp. Mine is the bright silver ST3. Wheel hop is a whole other issue on these cars as I'm sure you've already found out. Honestly though I'm not trying to race it so I haven't even modded it at all yet in almost a year. I think I will do the FRPP tune/filter/plugs and maybe some exhaust.

how do you like the exhaust you put on? Any drone? Which did you go with? I've been tempted to put exhaust on it, it's so smooth and quiet half the time I forget it's in 4th until I look at the tach, can't even hardly hear it at all.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
So no tune on the 15's from Ford? That sucks. They'll fix that soon I'm sure. I have a '14 and they offer the Ford Racing Exhaust, Tune, Filter, snorkel and plugs. It's not much more than the same setup from Steeda or Cobb. All under warranty. I thought the factory power train was 5/60? I'll have to look at my sticker again. I love my little ST4 and it makes a nice stablemate next to the new '15GT PP as well.

Definitely an awesome DD and that new grey looks really sharp. Mine is the bright silver ST3. Wheel hop is a whole other issue on these cars as I'm sure you've already found out. Honestly though I'm not trying to race it so I haven't even modded it at all yet in almost a year. I think I will do the FRPP tune/filter/plugs and maybe some exhaust.

how do you like the exhaust you put on? Any drone? Which did you go with? I've been tempted to put exhaust on it, it's so smooth and quiet half the time I forget it's in 4th until I look at the tach, can't even hardly hear it at all.

sorry im just now replying... either I didnt get a notification or I just deleted it on accident!

Ive added quite a couple new goodies into the mix on the car :) I've added a VelossaTech big mouth snorkel (much beefier than the frpp snorkel and a lot better made for significantly cheaper!!) I already had a green filter so I purchased the cap for the open end section to seal off the airbox so it can only breathe from the mouth of the car now. I also installed a Steeda FMIC to keep those charge temps down. After installing the FMIC I snatched up the Steeda intake manifold spacer and throttle body spacer. Its definitely picked the power up on the car even without a tune. Ive never had an issue with wheel hop, but then again the 15 cars have the "better" RMM installed stock. The problem I did have was the car when it was trying to dig and avoid spinning on full throttle would torque steer like a b*tch. It would dart off the side of the road in a split second without warning. Took way more attention when doing a full throttle pull from a dig than my 700hp cobra did. With the last set of mods done snorkel, FMIC, intake spacer, TB spacer, the car doesnt get the chance to fight for traction in first at all any more. Mat it in first and itll fry the tires, mat it is second and it will spin too. This gives me the chance to pedal the car and get it to hook and drive it properly. Before it was stab the gas and fight its efforts to kill me..LOL

as for your question... I am running the magnaflow exhaust on the car and I absolutely couldnt have made a better adult decision on exhaust. Its got a nice tone, no drone, no popping or sputtering, no rasp what so ever. Its nice and deep and quiet at idle and normal driving. At 60 mph I can still have a whispering conversation with the better half and she can hear me fine. You do get a exhaust note while driving though. The stock was so quiet you couldnt hear anything and I was always forgetting to shift out of 5th to 6th. With this, its quiet but you can still hear the tone to know what gear you are in for sure. Wide open throttle it does some talking, but still retains a very adult, non raspy ricer sound. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
its been raining almost every day here just long enough to make the car filthy. and 104* when I get off work, just hot enough for me not to care that the car is dirty and say screw washing it. Hopefully Ill get her cleaned up tonight and be able to get some updated pics. Not a lot to show other than the big intercooler behind the mouth of the car but everyone loves new pictures! :)

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Update! Black wheels and a couple new pics. Next will be either a Cobb APv3 and another 75ftlbs of torque and 20hp or springs. Gotta figure out if I need more power or need more low.... Probably springs though.

Users who are viewing this thread