2015 GT with straight pipes instead of resonator

wjfawb0

Established Member
I bought a 27,000 mile used 2015 GT mustang Saturday, and the only modifications I can find are the straight pipes that replaced the resonator and possibly welded in louder mufflers. Does anyone have any experience with straight pipes versus the typical H and X pipes and how it might affect horsepower and torque? It sounds fine to me, and it's not too loud. I'll try to get some pictures and video to update this thread. I somehow went 10 years without a mustang of some sort.

My first white car:

20160619_stang1_small.jpg

The last mustang I owned was a 2003 Cobra:

Cobra.jpg

krssrls

Established Member
Not only does it sound like crap but yes if there's no H or X in there it has a minor effect on performance. Id say buy a good cat back for the car or have an H or X added to the current system.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I'm too cheap to buy a whole catback for the car, and I think they welded the straight pipes in place of the resoantor such that I can't just bolt on one of the aftermarket setups. I'm pretty good with my angle grinder and welder, so I'll probably go that route. I just need to research what the pipes are made out of and figure out if I can create some slip fittings instead of welding.

krssrls

Established Member
Most likely they would have used a mild steel or aluminised steel. i cant see an exhaust shop using Stainless on a job like that.

Users who are viewing this thread