2015 gt weight

cam346

Established Member
2015 Mustang GT Weight: 3704 Pounds.

2015 Ecoboost Manual: 3517 (conv. 3642)
2015 Ecoboost Automatic: 3512 (conv. 3661)

2015 V6 Manual: 3526 (conv. 3644)
2015 V6 Automatic: 3529 (conv. 3654)

2015 GT Manual: 3704 (conv. 3825)
2015 GT Automatic: 3727(conv. 3852) 2014 gt spec 2014 Specs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 gt spec 2014 Specs
Coupe Convertible
V6 Manual 3501 3630
V6 Automatic 3523 3652
GT Manual 3618 3735
GT Automatic 3675 3792

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
For reference, my base 14gt weighs 3550 with the blower. Approx 3450 with out. Something else to note, these numbers referenced above show to be 'base' models as well. So Steeda was somewhat correct. Approx 250lbs base to base. So its uglier and fatter.

cmsnake

Established Member
and faster, and better at handling

Im sure it will handle better. But it better make 450hp outta the box to be quicker with the extra fat. Ive seen it in person twice now, and as bad as I wanna like this thing, it has not grown on me one bit. My opinion of course.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
GT only gained 86 lbs. and the car is getting a power bump. Not to mention a more rigid chassis, IRS, bigger brakes, better looks, improved front suspension, and tech. What will be interesting is the Ecoboost car with a turbo upgrade on E85....

Handling, based on the fact it's going IRS I would hope so.

Faster ? You do realize it's using the same motor right ? on what planet does a car increase 100+ lbs, power stays the same and it ends up faster ?

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
GT only gained 86 lbs. and the car is getting a power bump.

Based on the info presented its 250lbs when comparing base cars. Going of my 3450 weight and the now published 3704 "base" weight we have a fatty. It looks like we have some marketing going on here with Ford or whoever stating it only gained 100lbs, sure a 15 base car over a 14 premium car, but not base to base.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Based on the info presented its 250lbs when comparing base cars. Going of my 3450 weight and the now published 3704 "base" weight we have a fatty. It looks like we have some marketing going on here with Ford or whoever stating it only gained 100lbs, sure a 15 base car over a 14 premium car, but not base to base.

To be fair here, you're not comparing apples to apples. You're taking an estimated weight from ford against your own actual weight. No two cars are optioned exactly the same and no two cars weigh the same. Not to mention, you're taking measurements from two different scales, which at the weights we're talking about aren't the most precise things in the world.

Here's the estimated base weight for the 2015:

slrebhb4fdv7pdqfdk71.jpg

And the Estimated base weight for the outgoing 14 from Ford's site:

ynuduyvhizrcdynurhlw.png

Based on Ford's numbers, base to base, the GT manual gains less than 100 lbs.

cmsnake

Established Member
To be fair here, you're not comparing apples to apples. You're taking an estimated weight from ford against your own actual weight. No two cars are optioned exactly the same and no two cars weigh the same. Not to mention, you're taking measurements from two different scales, which at the weights we're talking about aren't the most precise things in the world.

Here's the estimated base weight for the 2015:

slrebhb4fdv7pdqfdk71.jpg

And the Estimated base weight for the outgoing 14 from Ford's site:

ynuduyvhizrcdynurhlw.png

Based on Ford's numbers, base to base, the GT manual gains less than 100 lbs.

Good post, but when it comes to stuff like this, the truth is normally somewhere in the middle. Ive never seen a base 11-14gt weigh more than 3500 lbs. So based on what Ive seen on different scales and what Ford has posted regarding the 15, to me its fair to assume it gained approx 200 lbs. Its also funny ford says the 14 weight is 'estimated'. At the end of the day this is fairly disappointing given the early indications that this platform would in fact lose weight.

EDIT: My 11 A6 premium car weighed 3690, right inline with the above graphic. Therefore the 3618 weight posted has got to be for a premium M6

Last edited:

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
I remember back when people talked about 03 cobras like they were the heaviest cars ever

klr16G

Established Member
I'm waiting for this thing to hit the floor I'm sick of going off what people think. I'm sure it's gonna get a couple of LBS, but it's going to get some extra power also seen this car in person seemed like it was smaller to me but I could be wrong. Ready for it to hit the dealers already!!!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Good post, but when it comes to stuff like this, the truth is normally somewhere in the middle. Ive never seen a base 11-14gt weigh more than 3500 lbs. So based on what Ive seen on different scales and what Ford has posted regarding the 15, to me its fair to assume it gained approx 200 lbs. Its also funny ford says the 14 weight is 'estimated'. At the end of the day this is fairly disappointing given the early indications that this platform would in fact lose weight.

It's also says "approximate" weight for the 14. The fact is there's no use in calling fowl on it until cars start showing up in people's hands.

This weight battle is just like dyno numbers. Scales read differently, just like dynos. But at least with Ford's published numbers, they were likely weighed in a similar build make-up on the same scales. That's as close of a comparison as you're going to get at this point that actually holds any weight.

When cars get in to the hands of people, grab a couple guys that have similarly equipped cars and go to the same scale with a full tank of fuel. Then you can see a more accurate weight difference.

For me, I could care less about the weight of a base GT. That doesn't tell me anything, because I'd never buy a base GT. The 11 and 12 GT I had were both 401a 55B cars. My 11 had an optional appearance package and the shaker1000 so it was the heaviest of the two.

cmsnake

Established Member
I see estimated weight for the 14 and approximate for the 15. But I agree. Just like internet bench racing, real world results tell the accurate story. But one fact we know, it gained weight. Based I what Ive experienced, my guess is in reality closer to 200 lbs, not the 100 or so Ford would like you to believe.

Fat-cat

Established Member
I see estimated weight for the 14 and approximate for the 15. But I agree. Just like internet bench racing, real world results tell the accurate story. But one fact we know, it gained weight. Based I what Ive experienced, my guess is in reality closer to 200 lbs, not the 100 or so Ford would like you to believe.

Who gives a crap if it weights 200lbs more or doesn't. Not one person on here is going to complain about it once they drive one vs a 14. they are different cars. If the 15 is slightly slower it will out corner and our comfort it... i didnt realize so many people on here were strip down road racers. Most of them are going to get blowers/ nitrous / CAI exhaust ect then see what they do a couple hundred pounds isnt going to hurt sales of this car nor will it deter or hinder Evolution / MMR/ Lethal ect from putting them in the 10's / 9's with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread