2015 GT track pack

SirJAG

Established Member
Greetings,

I am fairly novice when it comes to suspension and tire/rim selection. With that said and somebody tell me the advantages and disadvantages to having a staggered tire set on the car?

The 15 I am looking at getting comes with 19 x 9.5 275 in the rear and 19 x 9 255 in the front. This means I cannot rotate correct?

Why did ford do this?

If unable to rotate, would it be a good bet that I will be replacing my rears about 2x as often as the front?

I really like the track pack option, but fearful of what not being able to rotate will mean to me. I was hoping someone on here with way more knowledge than me can give me the low down on how this will really affect me.

On my current car (12 GT/CS) I have 19 x 8.5 rims with 275s hankook VENTUS V12 evo on all corners. I put those on thinking my traction would be better than the Pzero Nero's that came on the car 245s. I very much liked these tires and I have already gotten 12K more miles out of them than I ever got out of the Nero’s (17K until they were bald).

Any insight would surely be appreciated guys,

Thanks for your time,
JAG

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
According to ford, they chose this setup because lots of the really fast super cars uses this setup. An advantage though is that you can get as large of a contact patch as possible on the ground for added grip. You are correct in that you can't rotate from front to back, but you still can rotate side to side if you have non-directional tires. Tread wear expectancy is reduced a little because of this.

I have a staggered setup on my mustang and have run both nitto nt05 and nt555. The rears always last me 10k+ miles with no rotation. I actually think I have 18k+on my nt05 right now, but I'm past the marker bars on the tire depth indicators lol. If you don't drive tons it's not a big deal. If you do drive a lot it is something to consider. Maintaining a consistent/good tire pressure and alignment makes a big difference.

The wheels are close enough in size though you could replace them with the same size tire later on, but it may not look as good as the rear will look less bulgy as the front.

Oh last thing. It's not a track pack, it's a performance pack on the '15 mustangs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread