2015 GT ProCharger Stage 1 review

gqneon

Established Member
So, I found SVTPerformance.com when trying to find data-backed reviews about different power adders. What started me looking into the ProCharger setups was that I could retain my PP k-brace and strut tower brace and how easy the install is. I was looking and reading on the Stage 1 kit and trying to make up my mind about that or the Stage 2 kit for my daily driver, but reading the dyno graphing and looking at the chart, I can't help but think something might have been "off" with this build. Scroll down to the bottom and feel free to post what you think, as I'm curious about what folks with more experience think about this.

This is the Stage 1 kit installed and dyno'd on an SVT review page. (Click/double click to open)

What got my attention is that even though it's an 8lb blower kit, it doesn't ever hit 8 psi (regardless of whether its flowing the air - maybe its a smoother intake side than average), but it doesn't hit 5lb until about 5k rpm and it doesn't start putting down double digit power until about 1k below the factory redline. I keep wondering if there was a leaking clamp or something. When I look at the dyno charting at the bottom of the page, it doesn't start making appreciable torque until almost 3k rpm. Something just seems off.

So I was considering a Stage 2 kit after talking to ProCharger, as it makes 9 lbs and they're saying they have 2 cars they own they used for R&D and that wheel hp should be about 580-620 and between 460-500 for torque. But for having the same blower and advertising a 1psi difference, I have to ask, will it actually make 9psi (or its equivalent CFM) and will it not make appreciable boost until almost redline? If so I think the D1SC looks a LOT better as an option.

Here's a link to the SVTPerformance D1SC review that was custom tuned by Evolution that seems more in keeping with what I'd hope to find on a blown Mustang. Granted, I don't need to have peak numbers THAT HIGH for a street car on street tires, but the whole curve and useable power looks to be much, much better. It actually shows boost being made much lower down (I attribute that to the D1SC flowing more CFM across the band) and likely a slightly different impeller RPM via pulley.

I understand it isn't an apples to apples comparison, because this is a custom dyno tuned example with ID1000 injectors and a plug and play boost a pump to keep the fuel delivery constant that aren't in the off-the-shelf kits. I just can't seem to find any Stage 2 kits with dynos to compare it to online, they all seem to be D1SC examples.

So I'm curious about anyone's thoughts - as I'm trying to decide if I want to go with a base kit, stage 2 kit, or a tuner kit with a injectors and a pump booster. My goal is to see about 600whp and I'd love to see around 500 on the torque side. I think even the P1SC will flow that, but it seems like the D1SC can just make the whole power range more robust.

Fire away, I'm looking for the discussion so maybe your input can help steer me in the right direction. And if anyone has a stage 2 kit bolted on with their actual dynos, I would really appreciate a link or to post them because that would give me a MUCH cleaner comparison than what I'm finding.

Last edited:

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Waste gate it!!!!!!

So, I found SVTPerformance.com when trying to find data-backed reviews about different power adders. What started me looking into the ProCharger setups was that I could retain my PP k-brace and strut tower brace and how easy the install is. I was looking and reading on the Stage 1 kit and trying to make up my mind about that or the Stage 2 kit for my daily driver, but reading the dyno graphing and looking at the chart, I can't help but think something might have been "off" with this build. Scroll down to the bottom and feel free to post what you think, as I'm curious about what folks with more experience think about this.

This is the Stage 1 kit installed and dyno'd on an SVT review page. (Click/double click to open)

What got my attention is that even though it's an 8lb blower kit, it doesn't ever hit 8 psi (regardless of whether its flowing the air - maybe its a smoother intake side than average), but it doesn't hit 5lb until about 5k rpm and it doesn't start putting down double digit power until about 1k below the factory redline. I keep wondering if there was a leaking clamp or something. When I look at the dyno charting at the bottom of the page, it doesn't start making appreciable torque until almost 3k rpm. Something just seems off.

So I was considering a Stage 2 kit after talking to ProCharger, as it makes 9 lbs and they're saying they have 2 cars they own they used for R&D and that wheel hp should be about 580-620 and between 460-500 for torque. But for having the same blower and advertising a 1psi difference, I have to ask, will it actually make 9psi (or its equivalent CFM) and will it not make appreciable boost until almost redline? If so I think the D1SC looks a LOT better as an option.

Here's a link to the SVTPerformance D1SC review that was custom tuned by Evolution that seems more in keeping with what I'd hope to find on a blown Mustang. Granted, I don't need to have peak numbers THAT HIGH for a street car on street tires, but the whole curve and useable power looks to be much, much better. It actually shows boost being made much lower down (I attribute that to the D1SC flowing more CFM across the band) and likely a slightly different impeller RPM via pulley.

I understand it isn't an apples to apples comparison, because this is a custom dyno tuned example with ID1000 injectors and a plug and play boost a pump to keep the fuel delivery constant that aren't in the off-the-shelf kits. I just can't seem to find any Stage 2 kits with dynos to compare it to online, they all seem to be D1SC examples.

So I'm curious about anyone's thoughts - as I'm trying to decide if I want to go with a base kit, stage 2 kit, or a tuner kit with a injectors and a pump booster. My goal is to see about 600whp and I'd love to see around 500 on the torque side. I think even the P1SC will flow that, but it seems like the D1SC can just make the whole power range more robust.

Fire away, I'm looking for the discussion so maybe your input can help steer me in the right direction. And if anyone has a stage 2 kit bolted on with their actual dynos, I would really appreciate a link or to post them because that would give me a MUCH cleaner comparison than what I'm finding.
If torque is what your looking for pulley the car for 15 lbs then use a wastegate springed to 10lbs. You see about a 100 lb ft of torque increase across the board.

Users who are viewing this thread