2015 GT PP- HPDE suspension upgrades

NA97GT

Established Member
Just picked up a Comp Orange GT premium with PP and Recaros. I participated in my first NASA event last summer, and will be running this car on its first track day this weekend (completely stock).

The timing is perfect to start my suspension upgrades and I can take advantage of the current/ upcoming sales.

This is my current shopping list, please feel free to make any recommendation. Input is appreciated!

Currently torn between these 2 dampener/spring options:
Bilstein B16 (PSS10) Coilover Kit
or:
Bilstein B6 Shocks/ Struts
BMR Handling Springs BMR-SP083R

Will be installing the following
BMR 2015-2017 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links (Spherical Bushings)
BMR Bearing Kit for Lower Control Arm 15-17 Mustang
BMR 2015-2017 Mustang Double Adjustable Rear Toe Rods (Red)
BMR 2015-2017 Mustang Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit (Red)

I'm also debating making initial swaybar upgrades, or making this upgrade later.
BMR 2015-2017 Mustang Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit (Red)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you get serious enough, you'll probably end up going to coil overs anyway, something to keep in mind.

That said, in my experience, while the suspension could be stiffer to keep the car flatter through turns, I think a good amount of it could be mitigated with stiffer bars (I'm going to go with adjustable). I'm going with the minimal drop springs and keeping my factory struts/shocks for now. I have them but I haven't installed them yet.

CB005 should absolutely be on that list. 80%-90% of the rear end wiggle is gone and I'm not kidding, there is no increase in NVH. Hopefully Ford took notes from that setup when they built the 18s. There is no reason at all the car needs that soft of bushings on the rear end.

Steeda rear billet shock mounts I hear are a great improvement, and on my list as well. It basically is a solid mount to get rid of the some of the deflection in the rear shocks, which allows them to do their job better and one guy I spoke with said he prefers the ride of that over the factory setup, it soaks up bumps with more confidence. They offer these in different sizes to allow for factory and aftermarket shocks.

Squaring up the tires front and rear will help these cars with under steer (they do it from factory but you can drive the car from the rear pretty easily). Apex sells an 18x10 that can be rotated without spacers, some guys do run them when you get over a 275 front to clear the spring perch up front.

I'm not sure your level of experience, but CC plates will be in your future if you are a fast driver. Unfortunately, the car needs more than what it comes with and there isn't much adjust-ability from the factory suspension.

Brakes are fine. I would do fluid. I run ATE 200 and flush it every few track days, it's pretty damn cheap.

I likely have different goals than you do for this car, so take some of that with a grain of salt. I want mine to ride exactly like stock but also roll with the 718s and GT350s.

Users who are viewing this thread