2015 bmw m3

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

93_408_LX

Established Member
The people that compare shelbys or cobras to things like BMWs/Benzs etc that are as fast have most likely not driven one...

kaz109

Established Member
The people that compare shelbys or cobras to things like BMWs/Benzs etc that are as fast have most likely not driven one...

Well I am sure bluesnake and reg have...but for the most part that is an accurate statement

90goldtsiawd

Established Member

I was only talking in terms of trap speed. I fully understand they're 2 different driving experiences.

kaz109

Established Member
Lol, that is an understatement.

You are my homeboy as well as bluesnake but you know we totally disagree on this car as well as anything GM lol...I will give u a reply to backup my earlier post on the first page when I am at home and not on my phone. You are one of the few who can have an education opinion on the car..most ppl ( f8I Vmn seems to lead mob lol) are just specs enthusiast .

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
You are my homeboy as well as bluesnake but you know we totally disagree on this car as well as anything GM lol...I will give u a reply to backup my earlier post on the first page when I am at home and not on my phone. You are one of the few who can have an education opinion on the car..most ppl ( f8I Vmn seems to lead mob lol) are just specs enthusiast .
Haha, E46 is my favorite M3. Not particularly fast but just a great car to drive. My buddy had one years ago he bought at auction(owns a used car dealership and car wash). I took it for weekends at a time. I just like this car as for once the M3 is a straight line warrior too. Still sounds like dog shit though.

I also have not driven anything with BMW's electric steering. I have heard a lot of complaints about it. If it's anything like Infiniti's I will pass. Drove the new q50 with it and was not a fan.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I also have not driven anything with BMW's electric steering. I have heard a lot of complaints about it. If it's anything like Infiniti's I will pass. Drove the new q50 with it and was not a fan.
It feels like you have no control of the car, arcade type if that makes sense.
I have yet to hear anyone complain about this in the new M3/M4 but then again, they're probably used to it with the other BMW's. Im not a fan of the q50 period, bad move coming from the G37.

93_408_LX

Established Member
Its a little lean stock but nothing out of the ordinary
Because it's direct injection with near perfect atomization you can run the car towards stoich. This means more power, less fuel, and less octane at specific boosts. Downsides, carbon buildup from fuel no passing over (and effectively cleaning) the intake port and valves.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Because it's direct injection with near perfect atomization you can run the car towards stoich. This means more power, less fuel, and less octane at specific boosts. Downsides, carbon buildup from fuel no passing over (and effectively cleaning) the intake port and valves.
That's my only big grudge with these direct injection cars. Its recommended for us to be done every 70k miles or so which is not THAT bad but still, why worry to begin with. I remember reading that Audi had found a way around this or close to being clean but not 100% sure.

TERMN8U

Established Member
I'm disappointed man. You do know this was not a collaboration with GM right? ;-) I know you are a huge fan of high revving NA engines so I do understand. A lot of the purists have been complaining about it. Sign of the times though. Gained over 100lb ft and HP and gained a shit ton of gas mileage and reliability.

I actually like this car and am waiting for the ATS-V to be announced as well. Should make similar numbers but be recalled every other Tuesday.

Actually... Even though I'm not a GM fan, everyone that I know that has had new BMW's has had constant troubles. I'm referring to recent 335i's.

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
I just saw that today, I knew it was only a matter of time before these numbers were proven with e85. I can't imagine how that car feels it's also nice to know the DCT apparently didn't give them any problems at that lip level.

Awesome....

Swine

Established Member
My brother took European delivery of a white/red M3. He has had 2 prior 335i's modded and running E85. The 335's can be very quick but suffer from being boring. They are quiet, smooth, long gearing, open dif, and soft suspension. He said the new M even in stock form is more exciting in every way. The engine rips, the exhaust note is stellar, the steering talks to you more, you can connect with the car on a higher level all the way around. Not to discredit the 335i, its easy to cross compare on paper, but owning and driving both the paper comparison apply like you think it would.

This is him on Spa, car sounds AWESOME.
http://youtu.be/I7qS4sE7gKw

Users who are viewing this thread