2015 50th Anniversary GT vs 2016 Shelby GT350.......Value in the Future??

barstoolman

Established Member
Just fun to speculate..........which one will be worth more in 5 years, 10 years.......2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary or 2016 Shelby GT350, assuming both are very low mileage, NM condition vehicles????

Obviously, the 50th Anniversary will have going for it the limited production (under 2000), the limited color of Wimbledon White (should have been the choice for the GT350 as it is the original color for that car), the rear quarter panel glass louvred windows. Probably the best feature is the Performance Pack with the Auto transmission........to date, no other Mustang has that feature

The GT350 will obviously have going for it the unbelievable overall performance as well as the Shelby name attached.

I'm thinking the 50th Anniversary will draw more interest down the line.......what do you all say??????

Cheers!!!!

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Both will be worth the approximate proportion over a standard gt that it was new. It's highly unlikely to be worth a substantial amount more.

There will be prime examples that are kept with no miles and like brand new that will command more. Even then, likely not more than standard inflation.

Cars are nearly never good investments and even then must be kept in prime condition to even break even with inflation. To gain more than that is exceptionally rare.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
The GT is still just a GT at the end of the day. 50th anniversary or not. The Shelby will be worth more.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Just look at the sic money the 40th anniversary GT's bring - oh wait....

It's honestly not even a fair comparison, GT350 all day, everyday, forever.

barstoolman

Established Member
Just look at the sic money the 40th anniversary GT's bring - oh wait....

It's honestly not even a fair comparison, GT350 all day, everyday, forever.

I think you guys are taking my question the wrong way..........I'm not talking from an investment standpoint....obviously, buying new cars and hoping for a sudden bump is not a great idea.......happens once in awhile..........Porsche 918 or GT3 RS for example. Again, I know the cars are not comparable performance wise. Simply put, which car will hold a greater percentage of its MSRP, that's all. The latest incarnation of the Shelbys (2007 on) have not done great, a few years down the road. Most regular Mustang GTs do better in the aftermarket, again, from the standpoint of value. Unfortunately, as usual, people take these speculations the wrong way.

See you in 5 years!!!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I think the GT350 will hold value better by far. While there are people who will dig the anniversary edition, many others just see it as a GT. Some even see it as a GT with appearance stuff they don't want.

Users who are viewing this thread