2014 VMP 5.0 vs GT500, Hellcat, C6, ZL1

cb900f

Established Member
My old blower kicking ass and taking names!

[video=youtube;1L9ve83tCiI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L9ve83tCiI[/video]

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice.
Any specs on your car? A6? E85?

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Yeah, he's a good friend of mine. Can't wait to get a run in with him soon when mines squared away!

The car has a 79mm, E85, longtubes, OPG's, stock motor.

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good runs. Seems like the other guys hp numbers are a bit inflated

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Like whose?

Like all of them. They were all around the same hp except for the hellcat and he beat all of them pretty easily. It could've been that he's on slicks and skinnies and the other cars were all on street wheels

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The shelby for that HP should have put up a much better run. Looking at the way the car nose dived at shift, means well....that guy cannot drive. The other races were interesting as well. The Hellkitty was the only car you can tell was about to real up and go by.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Like all of them. They were all around the same hp except for the hellcat and he beat all of them pretty easily. It could've been that he's on slicks and skinnies and the other cars were all on street wheels

I don't know what to tell ya man. They're all local cars here and he isn't lying about the power the cars make. ZL1 is heavier and has worse gearing than him. Hellcat is 4900lbs with the driver plus his son so add in a little more, but it did make over 1000 on a 150 shot. C6 is a strong runner but needs a better driver, owner of the car is extremely cool but he is learning the car. It is stout once he's in boost in going, it is faster I would say but the better driver will win that. The GT500 makes that power as well but I believe he might've been having some tune issues starting that night and he also missed a gear.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Like the others have said,...that Hellcat was reeling it in. And it was a stock car too?! How can that be faster than those other cars with those mods/HP numbers?
Maybe the Hellcat is really that fast and not like others, just say it's "pretty fast". Looked like the only one that gave it a close race.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Like the others have said,...that Hellcat was reeling it in. And it was a stock car too?! How can that be faster than those other cars with those mods/HP numbers?
Maybe the Hellcat is really that fast and not like others, just say it's "pretty fast". Looked like the only one that gave it a close race.

The Hellcat is not slow at all. Check my older threads; I've got a few videos of that car running on some of my posts. It's a new animal now. It is on a 250 shot, waiting for the Whipple to come out and also waiting for a forged internal setup.

Hellcat is a Forza Stage 5 car, not stock.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The Hellcat is not slow at all. Check my older threads; I've got a few videos of that car running on some of my posts. It's a new animal now. It is on a 250 shot, waiting for the Whipple to come out and also waiting for a forged internal setup.
Hellcat is a Forza Stage 5 car, not stock.

Oh,........that explains that!!! lol
I thought it was a stock car. My bad. I think most of the internals are forged from the factory now, correct? Is Whipple definitely coming out with a kit for the Hellcat? Where did you hear this? That would be awesome.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Oh,........that explains that!!! lol
I thought it was a stock car. My bad. I think most of the internals are forged from the factory now, correct? Is Whipple definitely coming out with a kit for the Hellcat? Where did you hear this? That would be awesome.

Yes they're forged from the factory, but he's having a 7.0 stroker being built to handle what he has in store for it. Although the stock bottom end has handled 15+ 15 lb bottles being put through it at 1000-1100 whp, it's quite impressive.

The owner has been in talks with Whipple for months, he'll be the first one in the country to get the kit aside from their prototype car.

Oh.... And he's keeping the spray.... Lol

Users who are viewing this thread