2014 Visors in 2009

RSAGT500

Established Member
I can't stand having a loose garage door opener on my car. So I took a gamble on a set of visors with the garage door opener from a 2014 GT on e-bay. With my calibrated eyes they looked like the correct dimensions. I had to run the power wires over and tapped into the mirror power wire. The only thing to note is they are thicker and covered in slightly different fabric. I Just finished the install and it worked great. Only one picture for now:

20150407_172036.jpg

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nice - can you provide a short how-to (which wires do you tap in to for the mirror?) ? I'd love to do this to my '08 for the same reason.

Last edited:

Doc Vegas

Established Member
That's cool, I did not know that either.... MANY of the people I have taken for a ride have commented on how funny it was to see a garage door opener in a 2011 car! Nice.

RSAGT500

Established Member
I had to cut the connector off and extend the wires to reach the mirror wires under the head liner. Since the end of the visor goes up into the medal roof you have to run the wires down the side of the it which kind of sandwiches them between the metal and visor. Off the top of my head its the two outside wires you connect to, couldn't tell you which is positive and which is negative though. If i get a chance i'll pull it down and check. Go to Tasca parts and look up the visors for a 2014 GT and you will see they are really cheap for some reason, around $100 for the pair. I'm not sure if its a mistake or not.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I went the sun visor route after all (Ford part number DR3Z-6304105-DB) which has HomeLink. I hope to do the wiring in the next couple of weeks when I have a few minutes.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Anyone know what the two prong connector is called? I'd like to order the end to hard wire into my map light and plug it in so it looks factory.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Doing the wiring for this tonight and have a question. For the map light, are both the solid black wire (goes to alarm) and the blue/black (goes to map light) wire both ground? and the white/blue is positive? Thanks!

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you know which ones you used? I think they tie into the same wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread