2014 Track Pack Torsen Diff on the track

5.0Moe

Established Member
I've been doing some research and I cant seem to find any information on how the mustang track pack torsen diff does on the track. When I bought my car I had sold my Subaru and BMW drift car to afford it. The drift season is starting up again and I plan on sliding a couple casual events this year. My question is, how will the diff do while sliding? I have rear upper and lower control arms, so it should keep my rear end planted. I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty so if anything I can just drop it off at the dealer if it decides to explode. I'd still just like to hear if anyone on here has any knowledge on the diff and how it will do in my application. Thanks in advance!

RiskyRick

Established Member
Not very well. From what I've seen the torsen will slide when you initiate then try to fling the car right back around out straight.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
The Torsen is designed more to increase grip for road racing, not to slide. I'd trade you my 3.73 positrac plus cash for your Torsen if you were closer.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
So lets tear up a sophisticated Torsen driving abusively then plan on whining to Ford to fix it, sounds like a solid plan...

Mark Aubele

Established Member
I autocrossed mine bone stock with the stock rubber so it was a pretty sideways experience. Didn't seem to have an issue holding a slide, not that I was trying to drift, just being a bit judicious with the throttle in some of the higher speed sweepers.

5.0Moe

Established Member
Not very well. From what I've seen the torsen will slide when you initiate then try to fling the car right back around out straight.

The Torsen is designed more to increase grip for road racing, not to slide. I'd trade you my 3.73 positrac plus cash for your Torsen if you were closer.

I autocrossed mine bone stock with the stock rubber so it was a pretty sideways experience. Didn't seem to have an issue holding a slide, not that I was trying to drift, just being a bit judicious with the throttle in some of the higher speed sweepers.

Alright so it sounds like it wont work too well. Thanks for the info guys, I'm leaning towards getting another drift dedicated car anyway so I can tandem without worrying about scratching my new car lol

Users who are viewing this thread