2014 track pack gt vs 2015 base gt

blinelaxd27

Established Member
Entertaining each, would a 14 track pack do better than a base 15 without pp on a road course without any other mods?

Kiohtee

Established Member
It should, yes. But the base '15 GT is still an all around better car than the Track Pack-equipped '14 GT. :beer:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're really going to road course it hard enough to tell a difference, then you'll end up replacing all the components that come with a track pack, or upgrading all the things on the 15 that it would need anyways.

So, I'd vote 15 as the newer and better suited platform considering future upgrades. In pretty much every category but price the 15 will outshine the 11-14.

Voltwings

Established Member
2015, no questions asked. My '13 was fantastic on track the few times i took it out, but the '15s are just by far and away the better performers. Besides, the track pack hardly changes the suspension, it just adds some heavy ass wheels, a less than ideal gear ratio (3.31 is better for the longer / faster tracks around here), a crappy known to leak "oil cooler"... the only perk is the larger radiator, but thats something you can easily add youself. I intentionally left out the Brembos, because the '15 comes with 14" brakes standard, so its really no contest there.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I'd say '15 as well. The stock '15 motor can handle 750 rwhp all day long, that in it self is worth the purchase.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
hmmm interesting, by the same token is the PP on the 15 worth it then?

I am finding 15 base GTs already in the 27k range.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ if you are a road course guy, I'd get base model '15/'16 5.0 with PP. PP comes with cloth Recaros right?
Base is your best bet for lighter weight and the 6 piston brembos are from the gt500. Which still weighs more than s550 5.0.

Or you can wait for gt350 stuff to trickle down to the GTs. Lol
Probably when the next z28 beats the GT350R. I have a feeling the next z28 will have a dct.

Dusten

Established Member
^ if you are a road course guy, I'd get base model '15/'16 5.0 with PP. PP comes with cloth Recaros right?
Base is your best bet for lighter weight and the 6 piston brembos are from the gt500. Which still weighs more than s550 5.0.

Or you can wait for gt350 stuff to trickle down to the GTs. Lol
Probably when the next z28 beats the GT350R. I have a feeling the next z28 will have a dct.
no, the recaros are an additional option

Voltwings

Established Member
Also, the 6 piston brembos have to go under 19s i believe, which are typically heavier, and harder to find tires for. Most of the guys opted for 18 x 10 or 18 x 11 to save weight and have better tire choices. Honestly, if you plan on tracking the car stock, buy the PP, but if you plan on modding anything at all you'd add better aftermarket pieces anyways so just get a base model.

Kiohtee

Established Member
If you can swing it OP, a '15-16 GT PP (with Recaros preferably), is the way to go.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
hmm yea, i think almost 5k difference can be used better than PP and recaros on a base GT imho

thanks for the feedback guys.

Users who are viewing this thread