2014 Shelby Stopped Being Build Early??? Anyone know the truth to this?

cobraman800

Cobraman800
Established Member
Hey Everyone,

I custom ordered a 2014 Shelby GT500 back in the later part of June. I got confirmation about a month later that the order was received at the plant and that is was approved the way I ordered it and that it was going to be build. It was estimated that it be ready and delivered to the dealer around Late September/Early October. I just received a phone call last Thursday from a Manager at that Ford that the car is no longer going to built now. That when he called up to the plant and talked to some people up there that they told him it was decided to end production early on the 2014 Shelby to make it more limited and since they are not going to be using the Shelby name anymore after this year. He said there was nothing he could do, but he did confirm with them they still had my order in their system up there.

I talked to another dealer and still after many days, they don't have an answer for me on this. So I thought I would reach out on here and see if anyone know if this is true. For some reason if it is not true and I am getting side stepped at the dealer I ordered from and anyone knows of a dealer that I can still custom order one through I would love to do so.

Thanks and I look forward hearing what other people have heard.

I guess my only other option is to buy a used one off someone that got one just like the I wanted it.
-All White, no stripes
-821A, performance package
-SVT track pack
-Glass Roof
-No Nav System
-Recaro Seats
-Shaker Pro Audio System

So if you know anyone that is selling one like this. Please let me know

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Sounds fishy to me. Either they ordered yours too late, or have someone willing to pay more, and are blowing you off. No way is Ford just going to cancel orders for those reasons. That's bad business. Find another dealer to work with.

Last edited:

mikejaeggi

Established Member
definitely sounds false to me, I would suspect they sold your allocation to someone else for more $$ or didn't have an allocation to sell you in the first place. Ford would have not reason to end the build schedule early on cars they have already sold and there would be no increased value to ford if proces went up on 2014s if they are considrerd more collectible because these allocations would have already been sold.

CockyGT500

Established Member
Call ford directly and see what they say when you tell them the story the dealer is telling you. Never hurts to call or email them directly.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
That's bullcrap.

1. A final call has not been made for allocations from Ford.
2. The Shelby name will be used again, just not for a gt500 anytime soon. Ford has licensed the rights for the gt350, so expect to see a 2016 gt350.
3. The dealer either sold your allocation to another dealer, or sold it to someone else. Or they never had it to begin with.

I frigin hate stealer ships. Call Ford. Tell them your story. Maybe they will find you an allocation available, or make one available for you.

Please let us know what happens.

Call 1-800-FORDSVT

BCPD199

Established Member
I custom ordered a 2014 Shelby GT500 back in the later part of June. I got confirmation about a month later that the order was received at the plant and that it was going to be built. I just received a phone call last Thursday from a Manager at that Ford that the car is no longer going to built now. That when he called up to the plant and talked to some people up there that they told him it was decided to end production early on the 2014 Shelby to make it more limited and since they are not going to be using the Shelby name anymore after this year.

As others have already posted, they either never had an allocation or sold yours. I don't want to say Ford doesn't care about keeping it limited; but, I do believe they would like to sell as many as they can (to appoint) as it is a very profitable vehicle for both Ford and their dealers. And profit is what keeps bth in business.

Sounds fishy to me. Either they ordered yours too late, or have someone willing to pay more, and are blowing you off. No way is Ford just going to cancel orders for those reasons. That's bad business. Find another dealer to work with.

+1. If you have your DORA, call SVT with the order number and dealer number. They should be able to tell you where it is in production. Just don't be surprised when they tell it's in transit. Then you'll know for sure that the dealer sold it out from under you.

reason4treason

Established Member
i don't mean to unnecessarily disagree but the fact is Ford is not going to do squat about a lying dealer. they won't confirm or deny that your Vehicle Order Confirmation is covered by an actual allocation. stinks that you had to wait this long but they could just as well have let you wait until whenever builds really do stop which could be Dec, Jan, Feb...nobody knows at this point. Ford likes to just refer people back to their dealer when they call. they will say so if a vin is available, a build is scheduled or a build is complete but before that, there is absolutely no telling what is really going on.

it's not terribly uncommon for a dealer to tell a prospective customer they have an allocation for you when in fact they're waiting until the end of summer to see if they are granted another one. sometimes they are, sometimes the aren't but the customer is never going to know the truth unless you either get a build date or production stops and you've got no car.

you can ask Ford Marketing to see if one is on the ground now somewhere that you'd be happy with.

dubbs i don't mean to be a putz about it but if calling Ford was all people had to do to get an allocation they'd have to hire somebody full time just to man that one telephone #. :lol1:

call this guy Jeff who is HyperStangs over on Team Shelby. He's in Albuquerque, NM and i think the dealership is Rich-Ford. he did have an allocation a few weeks ago and i don't know if it's spoken for. he claims to sell for msrp so that might work for you. good luck with your search.

Mr. Jeff Bronstein
Special Media & Promotions

(505)259-8888 / (800)694-9625

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
A load of BS from the dealer. Contact SVT about your order and make sure the dealer didnt cancel your order or tried to pull a fast one.

hkynd19

Established Member
i don't mean to unnecessarily disagree but the fact is Ford is not going to do squat about a lying dealer. they won't confirm or deny that your Vehicle Order Confirmation is covered by an actual allocation. stinks that you had to wait this long but they could just as well have let you wait until whenever builds really do stop which could be Dec, Jan, Feb...nobody knows at this point. Ford likes to just refer people back to their dealer when they call. they will say so if a vin is available, a build is scheduled or a build is complete but before that, there is absolutely no telling what is really going on.

it's not terribly uncommon for a dealer to tell a prospective customer they have an allocation for you when in fact they're waiting until the end of summer to see if they are granted another one. sometimes they are, sometimes the aren't but the customer is never going to know the truth unless you either get a build date or production stops and you've got no car.

you can ask Ford Marketing to see if one is on the ground now somewhere that you'd be happy with.

dubbs i don't mean to be a putz about it but if calling Ford was all people had to do to get an allocation they'd have to hire somebody full time just to man that one telephone #. :lol1:

call this guy Jeff who is HyperStangs over on Team Shelby. He's in Albuquerque, NM and i think the dealership is Rich-Ford. he did have an allocation a few weeks ago and i don't know if it's spoken for. he claims to sell for msrp so that might work for you. good luck with your search.

Mr. Jeff Bronstein

x2....give Jeff a call. I purchased my 2014 at MSRP from him and I live in CA. Not sure if he still has the allocation available but if he does, he will treat you right and make sure you get what you want. Good Luck!

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member

Mr. Jeff Bronstein

Good advice. Jeff has helped many folks on Team Shelby.

Also, I would say you are dead right about Ford 99 out of 100 times, but I know of a couple people that got kicked to a regional rep for Ford, who then put them on a car or allocation.

And I never frown on critical analysis of anything I say. I always welcome it.:beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Sounds like they never had allocation for your car in the 1st place. Hedged on getting one, and were recently informed they wouldn't be.

raustin0017

Established Member
Too darn bad. This happened to me back in March. After 8.5 weeks...I found the dealer out right lied about having an allocation. Ended up finding the exact car I was looking for. Keep looking...you might just get lucky.
Hey Everyone,

I custom ordered a 2014 Shelby GT500 back in the later part of June. I got confirmation about a month later that the order was received at the plant and that is was approved the way I ordered it and that it was going to be build. It was estimated that it be ready and delivered to the dealer around Late September/Early October. I just received a phone call last Thursday from a Manager at that Ford that the car is no longer going to built now. That when he called up to the plant and talked to some people up there that they told him it was decided to end production early on the 2014 Shelby to make it more limited and since they are not going to be using the Shelby name anymore after this year. He said there was nothing he could do, but he did confirm with them they still had my order in their system up there.

I talked to another dealer and still after many days, they don't have an answer for me on this. So I thought I would reach out on here and see if anyone know if this is true. For some reason if it is not true and I am getting side stepped at the dealer I ordered from and anyone knows of a dealer that I can still custom order one through I would love to do so.

Thanks and I look forward hearing what other people have heard.

I guess my only other option is to buy a used one off someone that got one just like the I wanted it.
-All White, no stripes
-821A, performance package
-SVT track pack
-Glass Roof
-No Nav System
-Recaro Seats
-Shaker Pro Audio System

So if you know anyone that is selling one like this. Please let me know

MurrayMartini

Established Member
I ordered in June, car was built last week and its getting delivered next week. So yeah, your dealer is lying to you.

featurecar50

Established Member
I ordered mine on july 10th and have the dora sheet. My salesman guaranteed me he had allocation from his rep, still no vin#. When should I expect my vin? or the build date?

Mombo

Established Member
Uh-oh

I ordered mine on july 10th and have the dora sheet. My salesman guaranteed me he had allocation from his rep, still no vin#. When should I expect my vin? or the build date?

I ordered mine on 7/17/13 and it should be at the dealer on 9/14/13...:??:

If you do not have a Vin# or build week by now then...:nonono:

Sounds just like the OP and that's not good...:mj:

Hope the best for you...Good Luck.

cobraman800

Cobraman800
Established Member
Thanks everyone for your advice and knowledge. I will make some calls to Ford and see if that gets me anywhere.

cobraman800

Cobraman800
Established Member

Mr. Jeff Bronstein

Thanks for this information. I am originally from Albuquerque, NM so this will be easy if it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread