2014 Shelby leaks water inside

dotmpeg

Established Member
I noticed the other day my back floorboard was wet behind the drivers seat. I thought maybe a water bottle may have leaked or something. Well fast forward to today and there was a puddle in the back floorboard. It rained a lot last night. I'm guessing maybe a seal or something isn't doing its job. Everything looks fine from looking at it. My car is parked on a little hill that's why all the water is puddled in the rear. Nothing else is wet besides the floorboard and I haven't drove it in 2 days. I'm gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow.

imagehmy.jpg

imagexac.jpg

Kapy

Established Member
I noticed the other day my back floorboard was wet behind the drivers seat. I thought maybe a water bottle may have leaked or something. Well fast forward to today and there was a puddle in the back floorboard. It rained a lot last night. I'm guessing maybe a seal or something isn't doing its job. Everything looks fine from looking at it. My car is parked on a little hill that's why all the water is puddled in the rear. Nothing else is wet besides the floorboard and I haven't drove it in 2 days. I'm gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow.

imagehmy.jpg

imagexac.jpg

Well best case scenario is that they forgot to put in the chassis water plugs.

Worst case scenario is that there is a body weld not closed or the car was repaired at some point leaving a seam gap that the water is getting its way through.

Man either way that is a bummer.

So you mentioned the car sat during the rain storm or were you driving it as well in the rain? That would help diagnose the issue a little bit.

Kapy

Established Member
Hey Dot,

Do me a favor and draw the driver side seat belt out all the way and check if you have any water/moisture on the belt. That would tell me you have a body seam issue probably coming from the rear quarter area.

dotmpeg

Established Member
The belt don't feel wet but the side where the belt is bolted down is wet.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Pop your rear seat bottom out (just push in at the seat base in front of each seat area and it will release). I'm dying to see if there is a pool of water behind the bulkhead, atop the large fuel pump plug and under the rear seat...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I thought about that too but you'd have thought his seats or door panels would have been wet if that were the case...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Also check if your front floorboard is not wet. Just to make sure the leak is not upfront and the water settled back there. Early S197's use to have leaking issues in the firewall area up front.

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
There is a plug on the passenger side fire wall that drains the water from the wiper cowl area. if the drain gets plugged from dirt or debris it will not drain and the water will leak into the car. see if the passenger floor area is wet.

dotmpeg

Established Member
Pop your rear seat bottom out (just push in at the seat base in front of each seat area and it will release). I'm dying to see if there is a pool of water behind the bulkhead, atop the large fuel pump plug and under the rear seat...

Just checked and everything under the back seats are dry. My front floorboards are dry the only wet spot is the area where a back floor mat would go.

MNCobra

Established Member
i had an issue with my 2006 where the window would not close all the way...they scanned the PCM and found it had some code...they reflashed the PCM and all was good...did your car ever have a dead battery? if not by you maybe the dealer?

5.0 guy

Established Member
If it hasn't been driven then I doubt it's in the under carriage somewhere, maybe take a hose and spray it to see if you can find a drip somewhere.

Kapy

Established Member

If you never drove it in the rain and the belt area is wet which is higher than the floor tells me it is leaking higher than floor pan level. Probably making its way through a body seam B Pillar back.

Kapy

Established Member

Is this car glass roof?

If so, could be a bad seal.

I went back in the threads quickly and didn't see if you had mentioned if it was a glass roof car.

Users who are viewing this thread