2014 Shelby GT500

Put my Deposit on 11/30/12, on a 2014 GT500.
Color-Ruby-Red
Stripes-Black
all options except Nav.,Glass-Roof,& Ricaro-Seats.
Does any one know when Production will begin & projected production numbers too be built for 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Put my Deposit on 8/30/12, on a 2014 GT500.
Color-Ruby-Red
Stripes-Black
Does any one know when Production will begin & projected production numbers too be built for 2014.

It looks like production for 14's will begin immediately after the production for MY2013 ends, sometime in mid to late January. Projected production for MY14 will be less than MY13 and should be around 2,500 to 3,000.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Put my Deposit on 8/30/12, on a 2014 GT500.
Color-Ruby-Red
Stripes-Black

The order bank didn't officially open until Nov 12th. Make sure your dealer has ordered the car and have him give you a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC). You will need it to track the status of your order with SVT and Ford Customer Service.

When you get your Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) make sure the car is configured the way you want it and be sure to check out the Priority and the Order Type. Priority should be 10 and the order type should be 1.

The dealer code and order number will be on the VOC and will be needed to track the status of your order.

Good luck with your car.

FCS - 800-392-3673
SVT - 800-367-3788

Last edited:

nix5o

Established Member
Congrats Mr Fontenot. Which delership did you order from? I talked to Courtsey a couple of weeks ago and they hadn't heard anything about the 14's yet.

nix5o

Established Member
You didn't agree on an adm did you? I haven't seen them sell one for msrp yet.

BrettR

Established Member
Congrats
I would love to see it when she comes in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Venomspewer

I put a deposit down on a 14 but the dealer has not gotten any allocations for them yet. Anyone else having this problem?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I put a deposit down on a 14 but the dealer has not gotten any allocations for them yet. Anyone else having this problem?

If your dealer got a 13, they'll be getting a 14.

They should have some idea of this.

Also- they're still building 13s, dont expect to see these being built til march

Willie2

Established Member
you can also "build your own" on ford.com. saw it yesterday, this was new to me.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
So is it possible that we could see our Vin numbers sometime in February?

Possible. Likely? Who knows. Once we get a date of when builds will begin you should see a VIN about 3 weeks before your build.

It's not positive that even if you ordered early that you will have an early build- as many found out with the 13

1TUF14SHELBY

Established Member
I ordered mine on 12/1/12 from small town dealer just outside of the Minneapolis area (he gets one allocation per year).

On Monday this week I received the following update (I did not email him he sent it out of the blue):

Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 4:08 PM
To: XXXXX

Subject: Shelby and good news!

My Ford field manager just called me to let me know that your Shelby will be scheduled for March production. This is the first month of production I think for the 2014 Shelby. When I get a an exact date of production and ETA I will e-mail you to let you know. Hope this all works out for your timing. I did not think we would get the car that fast. Call me if you have any questions.

XXXXXX

Of course I responded "I am ready as soon as it gets in!!!!!" Hopefully its April and winter is done here!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread