2014 Ruby Red Came in damaged

outlw

Established Member
We had a ruby red come in damaged the other day. plus some interior damage on the console, and door sill, plus the front top of the painted facia where it meets the hood was showing black on the edges where the paint was scraped off ..

I'm glad I'm not buying it.

Its being repainted now.

:-(

transit damage.

Look yours over.

The drive that brought it on the truck said a lot are sitting in mud and flooded areas at the plant due to the rain. Car came with 5 miles on it.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
We just had some emergency meetings this morning at the plant. Some of the cars are in about 3 to 4 inches of water, nothing real bad. They are currently moving them to higher areas of the lot. No cars will be loaded on rail today.

outlw

Established Member
looks like there was some small rocks and someone wiped it with a rag.

I wanted this car but not now :-(

the driver said there is a lot like this.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
what options are you looking for

nav, car cover, and paint are the only options on the one i have

i've been eyeballing it pretty hard myself, since i just sold the boss, lol

aa1.jpg

mwilson6192

Established Member
We just had some emergency meetings this morning at the plant. Some of the cars are in about 3 to 4 inches of water, nothing real bad. They are currently moving them to higher areas of the lot. No cars will be loaded on rail today.

According to my VVR report my Shelby was loaded onto a railcar on 4/13. Was this prior to all of the rain in the parking lot?

mwilson6192

Established Member
looks like there was some small rocks and someone wiped it with a rag.

I wanted this car but not now :-(

the driver said there is a lot like this.

Sorry, I don't understand this description. Do you mean it looks like someone was "cleaning" the console and it appear scratched as though the rag used in the cleaning had small rocks embedded resulting in lots of scratches?

Any idea how/why "a lot" of the cars would be like this? Does this seems like factory damage or transport damage? Curious because my car will likely be at the dealer on Monday, so it is good to be extra prepared in inspecting the Shelby.

Arrgghhh!! This is painful to hear as many/most of us are hyper with our expectations of our new Shelby's!

outlw

Established Member
I work for a dealer and know people at the plant They have told me a lot of mustangs have been damaged in the lot.

just some people being careless.

I heard some shelby have had some parts replaced before leaving the factory. Can get a solid answer on them.

console was scratched and had a piece of tape someone should have caught on it.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I work for a dealer and know people at the plant They have told me a lot of mustangs have been damaged in the lot.

just some people being careless.

I heard some shelby have had some parts replaced before leaving the factory. Can get a solid answer on them.

console was scratched and had a piece of tape someone should have caught on it.

I work at the plant (among many others), and this is true, but it happens at all plants, employee theft, sabotage, carelessness, etc. There are cameras in most places and employees that are caught are immediately disciplined. Sabotage or theft is reason for immediate termination.

Last edited:

outlw

Established Member
it looks like on the sill someone sat in the seat and had mud on the boots and slid it across the sill bank and forth or someone one was standing on it.

there was mud on the plastic on the drivers floor.

Nothing was missing from the car.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
it looks like on the sill someone sat in the seat and had mud on the boots and slid it across the sill bank and forth or someone one was standing on it.

there was mud on the plastic on the drivers floor.

Nothing was missing from the car.

I think you need to talk to the transport company/driver. Cars are never anywhere close to mud at the plant. Even with all the rain this week, there was some standing water in the shipping lots, but no mud. There is just 30 acres of concrete that the cars are on. I would bet the mud came from the driver of the transport.

rduk

Established Member
A lot of damage comes from rail, we load on concrete. l open door sometimes amazed at all the dirt and grease on the inside.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
According to my VVR report my Shelby was loaded onto a railcar on 4/13. Was this prior to all of the rain in the parking lot?

Do you know if you train goes thur buffalo ny? My car was built before yours but it seem my progress has stopped ,SVT told me it has been received by transport company but no movement yet as of 4/19 and it was built on 4/5,I really have had it with this whole process and will never do it again.

Myfast70

Established Member
Do you know if you train goes thur buffalo ny? My car was built before yours but it seem my progress has stopped ,SVT told me it has been received by transport company but no movement yet as of 4/19 and it was built on 4/5,I really have had it with this whole process and will never do it again.

Just be glad you didn't have to wait 6+ months like some of us. The process sucks but the wait is worth it?

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
Well ,technically I have been waiting 7 months,sold my Vette in October to make room for the shelby,and I know it will be worth the wait... But I am sick of WAITING!!!! Lol I have the patience of a 9 year old.

mwilson6192

Established Member

Siscakidd, I hesitate to tell you this because you will not be happy. Your car was built on 4/8 and mine was built on 4/9. I was out of state on business travel for the week but received a nice "surprise" email from the dealer this morning (Saturday).

My Shelby arrived at the dealer yesterday (Friday, 4/19) near close of business! :) I just went today to the dealer to check it out. I will pick it up on Monday (DMV closed on Saturday, need to get funds and insurance on Monday, etc.).

I have no idea why my car has been delivered and yours has not. According to the VVR report, my car arrived by rail (Norfolk Southern) to Bufbison, NY on 4/17 at 6:00AM. It was received at "Ramp 43" in Buffalo by Allied Systems on 4/17 at 1:36PM. It appears to have sat for a day and was loaded and transported by truck from Buffalo on 4/19 at 8:03AM. It was delivered to the dealer (Syracuse) at 4:00pm on Friday, 4/19.

Users who are viewing this thread