2014 mustang to get IRS?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I do not have any insider info, or know somebody who knows somebody, but I 100% guarantee the next mustang will have IRS as at least an option. Especially if it is a global car.

Ford has done amazing things with the SRA, but an IRS just has certain handling characteristics that can never be matched. A proper designed one will satisfy all but the most extreme drag racers.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I wouldn't have a problem with an IRS in the 2014 model, as long as they design the car from the ground up, versus shoe horning an independent rear like they did for our Cobras.

You can't argue with what Ford has done lately with the solid rear though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wouldn't have a problem with an IRS in the 2014 model, as long as they design the car from the ground up, versus shoe horning an independent rear like they did for our Cobras.

You can't argue with what Ford has done lately with the solid rear though.

The S197 was meant to have IRS but was made into SRA due to costs. Now that ford is doing way way better than they were in early/mid 00's itll finally happen, the Mustang will ditch its archaic stick axle for a true IRS. Not a IRS Assembly bolted into a fairmont chassis.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
The S197 was meant to have IRS but was made into SRA due to costs. Now that ford is doing way way better than they were in early/mid 00's itll finally happen, the Mustang will ditch its archaic stick axle for a true IRS. Not a IRS Assembly bolted into a fairmont chassis.

lol....... how true is that.

Users who are viewing this thread