2014 Mustang GT vs Lexus ISF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6string

Established Member
So I was chilling at a stop light waiting to turn left. To my right there's a pearl white Lexus. Guy's blasting his music and when I pull up he lowers it and revs his engine. Didn't think much of it since I had the GF with me (heading home after a movie). He keeps rev'ing and even burned his tires out a bit. At this point I'm thinking what the hell, been a while since I've stretched the car's legs. I gave a rev back, warn the GF of incoming G forces, and now we wait.

Light goes green, we both take the left in a bit of a "spirited" fashion. I have the car in 2nd, no idea what speed to be honest. The Lexus is a bit behind me. I rev the engine twice with the car in gear and wait for him to take the hit. He floors it and as soon as he's at my door I do the same. The car starts moving forward and spinning at the same time. End of second gear and slam in third. More fishtail until about 6K rpm when the tires hook.

I was pretty even with the guy while spinning, but once I hooked it was game over and I had bus lengths on the Lexus. Thumbs up and revs of approval were exchanged. Turns out he lives in my GF's neighborhood.

They've got some pretty nice cars down here in Mexico :burnout:

kaz109

Established Member
Bus lengths huh. I didn't think the two cars would be that unevenly matched....Gook kill, I like both cars

Last edited:

jj6string

Established Member
Bus lengths huh. I didn't think the two cars would be that unevenly matched....Gook kill, I like both cars

Neither did I. His car was bone stock. The road conditions were not ideal. I usually hook in second. If I had traction issues with my 285's I can't imagine he didn't with much thinner rubber. Also, ISF's are quite heavy (3850#) and come stock with a few less horses than a stock GT.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I raced one when I had my 11 Coyote car (intake/tuned/4.10/cat delete/exhaust/suspension) against what I was told was a bolt-on/tuned ISF. We rolled it out from 40 and I had a few cars (2 or 3) on him when I let out around 115-120...they are strong running cars. I could see a bone stock one getting yanked by 6 cars (which would be bus lenght'ish). Good kill OP.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Bus Length(s) seems questionable. Maybe a Bus Length, but, even then.

They are solid 12 second cars @ 113-116. The weight isn't too far off since your car most likely weighs around 3600LBS not included you and your Girlfriend.

ISF's are pretty stout cars and definitely run even faster modded.

kaz109

Established Member
Bus Length(s) seems questionable. Maybe a Bus Length, but, even then.

They are solid 12 second cars @ 113-116. The weight isn't too far off since your car most likely weighs around 3600LBS not included you and your Girlfriend.

ISF's are pretty stout cars and definitely run even faster modded.

This is what I was thinking

kaz109

Established Member
I could see bus lengths on an IS350 F-Sport. Good kill either way, op.

This makes much more sense. There are a ton of F sport badged cars running around. I bed that's what it was

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
the ISF is basically a coyote sedan with a killer ZF 8 speed auto. I've got most likely more power than you and i don't even put "a few busses" on the ISF guys around here. i pull but its more like 3-4 cars at most.

kaz109

Established Member
Neither did I. His car was bone stock. The road conditions were not ideal. I usually hook in second. If I had traction issues with my 285's I can't imagine he didn't with much thinner rubber. Also, ISF's are quite heavy (3850#) and come stock with a few less horses than a stock GT.

Do you know the difference between the IS-F and 350 F sport?

ramstein

Established Member
Why is every other 5 bro kill story I hear seems exaggerated and I have never ever seen a 5.0 owner posting a death in this kill section? Do they always win? Are they unbeatable?.....I just can't wait to run into a bolton coyote and see how amazing they really are. I encounter quite a few in my area but they all seem to be scared to run for some reason

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Why is every other 5 bro kill story I hear seems exaggerated and I have never ever seen a 5.0 owner posting a death in this kill section? Do they always win? Are they unbeatable?.....I just can't wait to run into a bolton coyote and see how amazing they really are lol I encounter quite a few in my area but they all seem to be scared to run for some reason

Because you have zero driver skill and will only roll race lol

Whippled3v

Established Member
Why is every other 5 bro kill story I hear seems exaggerated and I have never ever seen a 5.0 owner posting a death in this kill section? Do they always win? Are they unbeatable?.....I just can't wait to run into a bolton coyote and see how amazing they really are. I encounter quite a few in my area but they all seem to be scared to run for some reason

The typical bolt on coyotes make similar power to what you're making, I don't think there are many that would expect a 5.0 to pull a C6 of equal power...

Yeah because that accurately depicts whether or not someone has driver skill lol. Roll races are the typical runs you'll find when out on a cruise, it still involves banging gears. Not everyone has a car properly setup, or for that matter low enough in power, to safely do dig runs on the street. On a side note, a 450 whp C6 and bolt on coyote should have no excuse to not be able to launch on the street.

kaz109

Established Member
The typical bolt on coyotes make similar power to what you're making, I don't think there are many that would expect a 5.0 to pull a C6 of equal power...

Yeah because that accurately depicts whether or not someone has driver skill lol. Roll races are the typical runs you'll find when out on a cruise, it still involves banging gears. Not everyone has a car properly setup, or for that matter low enough in power, to safely do dig runs on the street. On a side note, a 450 whp C6 and bolt on coyote should have no excuse to not be able to launch on the street.

You are new and do not know the history of his post, I do with is why I made the comment I did. But thanks for trying to educate me on why ppl roll race lol

HandBanana

Established Member

Damn, put the Vette boy in his place.

BuslengthS seems inaccurate. REAL ISFs definitely roll out but not enough to take down a modded Coyote. 3-4 cars sounds about right. Those things can rip off the line on the street. I think this 5.bro is just exaggerating a tad to make himself feel better in front his lady friend :D

Just_A_GT

Established Member

ahh didn't take long for a (former) cobro to come in and try to stir the pot..

Rios302

Established Member
I race and beat a C6 vettea already, I was also humiliated by a 2nd Generation Viper..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread