2014 mustang gt track key -- m-14204-mgttka

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
Has anyone heard anything about this and/or tried it? "2014 MUSTANG GT TRACK KEY -- M-14204-MGTTKA" does not void your warranty. from Ford Racing car made from 7-1-13 to present...:lol::lol::bowdown:

Snapp

Established Member
Looks legit for what it is. My good friend plans on getting in next month... I should report back!

BLK_5.0

Established Member
I've called all my local Ford dealers as I'm very interested in getting this, but every parts dept swears they have never heard of a track key for anything but the Boss. :shrug:

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
Pre-14 model year guys have to use a ProCal tuner because there seems to be a different dash cluster used for 14 that works with the Track Key from the Boss technology.

stang713

Established Member
my 14 was built like 2 months before the cutoff date :bash:

Me too... I got my '14 last summer and it has a May build date. I guess for '13-early14 they just upgrade the computer. Comes out the same as using track key???

FWIW, they claim "Up to 60lb-ft at 1500rpm & peak increases of 16 hp and 7 lb-ft on 93 octane fuel"

At least this tune won't void the warranty if installed by dealership.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/category_s/523.htm

Last edited:

djclark

Established Member
read that page and found the following very interesting...

Note: As stated in the Trackey Dealer paperwork, customers that experience persistent low rpm "pinging" are encouraged to use a passenger side aftermarket oil separator/catch can. The pinging has been replicated and diagnosed to be caused by pressurized crankcase oil vapors that lower the incoming fuel mixture's octane value. The catch can will eliminate those vapors and will not affect the Ford Racing 3/36 warranty.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
From the dynos I've seen on Bosses before and after the track key, there's no significant power difference. Is the track key more about changing throttle sensitivity or some other things?

Users who are viewing this thread