2014 mustang 5.0 vs 2014 super bee srt8

calebnumber3

Established Member
You have no clue on what you are talking about. The 6.1 with intake and tune can take a stock 5.0. And run right with a 6.4. Plenty of 6.1s can trap 107-110 mph stock. A 6.1 is leaps and bounds better than the 14 second 5.7.

When you add mods anything is possible. I was speaking of stock cars not modded car so yes I do think I know what I'm talking about. I agree the 6.1 Is better Than the 5.7, but it's still not that great. My bolt on 3V could walk away from lightly modded 6.1s. It's pretty common for the 6.4s that Iv seen to run 12.4-12.6 bone stock.

Do you have or have had a 6.1 because You seem awful defensive.

All I can say is that when my 2013 automatic was bone stock (showroom stock) I raced a couple different Challenger SRT8's (at Royal Purple), not the 5.7 or 6.1, but the big dogs and haven't lost yet. I got them both out of the hole and they never caught up. My runs were like 12.75 and 12.82 or real close to that. Due to the fact they only hand out half time slips, we never know what the other guy ran unless we asked them, so I don't know what they ran.

Awesome! The 5.0s and 392s are pretty evenly matched from the factory. One car on any given day can be faster than the other. I give the edge to the 392 just from what Iv personally seen, but different areas different drivers different conditions can make someone else experience with them different than mine

Last edited:

Sloppy12

Established Member
I'll try and get a video. Also gonna run my friends 2001 camaro ss with headers. exhaust, ls6 intake and tune and my cousins supercharged single cab Silverado.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This is another on left of those gay ass thread. Who will win. I dk race and find out. Put this thread in SD.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Just wanted to get an idea and some opinions, no need to be prick.

You sound like a ricer kid. Who's car faster? If you actually raced then posted it then that would of been fine. But you were scared that you might lose so you had to post on svtp to boost your confidence. these are the types of threads teenagers post.

Sloppy12

Established Member
Don't care if I lose, its only a race not the end of the world. I've lost races before and I'm still alive so I'm not worried. I was just wondering what the outcome would be.

SVTPete83

Established Member
You sound like a ricer kid. Who's car faster? If you actually raced then posted it then that would of been fine. But you were scared that you might lose so you had to post on svtp to boost your confidence. these are the types of threads teenagers post.

Bingo! I hate these stupid threads. Just shut up and race him already. Can we get a move to smack down so op can get what he deserves for this stupid thread?

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Don't care if I lose, its only a race not the end of the world. I've lost races before and I'm still alive so I'm not worried. I was just wondering what the outcome would be.

Then stop acting like a cry baby trying to get all these fellow members to jerk your ego. The only way to know the out come is to man up. If your dad lets you have the keys to his car and race.

old_goat

Established Member

Dude, lighten up and let him post. You can always put him on ignore.

As far as I can see, this thread isn't hurting a thing.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Dude, lighten up and let him post. You can always put him on ignore.

As far as I can see, this thread isn't hurting a thing.

Hey old man chill out. If your really old then you wouldn't bother reading this thread but since you did its sad you feel defending a teenager makes your day. On top of that take your own advice if you don't like what I say just put me on your ignore list. As for me I don't chose to use that feature cause it does no good.

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Yes i have owned a 6.1 charger and now a 392 charger. I've never had any problems with just a bolt on 3v with my old 6.1. Only good race i have had was with a roush 427 3v then again i pulled 2 cars. An rt was a great run for a stock 3v.

OneSlowV

Established Member
One thing about the 392 is low end tq. From a dig mine is a bullet compared to my 5.0. I think 40-120 ish it should be a great race. But after that the Hemi really starts walking up top.

vortecd

Established Member
Should be a pretty good race.

I don't think an R/T is a dog though. My girlfriends '13 ran 13.7@102 weighing 4475 bone stock. Comparing to the muscle cars 45 years ago, that is pretty impressive and better then most of them

kodexkustoms

Established Member
Idk how the 392 chargers stack up against the 392 challengers but I walked away from a 392 challenger pretty easily. Granted I have a boss but he was fading in the rear view pretty good. I was actually pretty impressed with how well it ran.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Really comes down to if its a Auto or 6spd. The stick cars are slow the A5 is were its at. A full bolt on 392 will pull a few cars on a stock boss. But the boss is a light weight screaming machine lol.

Users who are viewing this thread