2014 Mod Advise

Burlybear

Established Member
Just picked up my 2014 DIB/Black stipes over the weekend. I traded my 2008 GT500 vert that was pretty modded up. I would like to keep my factory warranty intact at least for now. I am thinking of a cat back exhaust, short throw shifter, oil seperator and lowering springs.

Would love some feedback on the exhaust set up as I am trying to be as aggressive as possible with the sound but am not wanting to deal with much drone. I am leaning towards the Borla 2 or Atak. The Corsa seems to have too high of exhaust note.

I have not read much as far as feedback on the shifter apart from putting Amsoil ATF in which I plan on doing along with the oil seperator.

Any other suggestions for mods that would not void the warranty. I know I will eventually get a custom tune etc, but for now I am just enjoying the power that it has!!

Thanks for any help

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Congrats, love that color combo.

I had a '11 with magnaflow competition series catback, MGW, shifter, plus a bunch of Evo stuff.

I just got '14 a couple weeks ago. I think the shifting feels so much smoother that I don't feel compelled to upgrade to an MGW. My magnaflow was awesome in sound, but BIG drone at 2k rpm. I even put sound deadening in the trunk to make it better.

I just tonight installed Borla S axle back muffs. Got them out of the market here for a reduced price. Only just did a test drive but at idle you'd barely tell its not stock, cruising its a bit loader but no drone at all, throttle up and it roars nicely. So I'm happy, I wanted as much sound as possible without drone, and I think that's what I got. Looks good too.

Personally I'm not playing with the suspension for now, I have the SVTPP/PP and the dual mode is great for me.

Hope this helps a little, and welcome to the new age of muscle cars.

Burlybear

Established Member
Thanks, I think I am also leaning towards the Borla S, worried that the Atak will be to loud cruising. I would really love a shorter throw, but maybe I need to remove the assist spring first, the clutch has been hard to be consistent with and then decide.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, I think I am also leaning towards the Borla S, worried that the Atak will be to loud cruising. I would really love a shorter throw, but maybe I need to remove the assist spring first, the clutch has been hard to be consistent with and then decide.

Congrats on the GT500 pick-up.

I just passes 1000 miles and the clutch feels much better/consistent to me now.
I'm holding off on the spring removal just yet.
I also plan on switching the trans fluid soon, but I think it shifts great for now.
Ford Racing also has a muffler that is made by Borla, it looks good and can be had for about $900 by several online places.
-J

Burlybear

Established Member
Congrats on the GT500 pick-up.

I just passes 1000 miles and the clutch feels much better/consistent to me now.
I'm holding off on the spring removal just yet.
I also plan on switching the trans fluid soon, but I think it shifts great for now.
Ford Racing also has a muffler that is made by Borla, it looks good and can be had for about $900 by several online places.
-J

I only have 100 very easy miles on mine, maybe I need to cool my jets a little on the shifter!!

Do you know which exhaust that Ford Racing offers is closer to, the Touring, S or Atak? I actually work at a Ford dealer and maybe able to get a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread