2014 GT500 Purchase Help

RRMBrembo

Established Member
Thanks again guys for all of your help. I ended up purchasing a 2012 GT500 in Kona Blue with white stripes. It's a truly fun car and the kiddos love riding in "the Shelby". It's a one owner, 33k miles. It needs a good cleaning and polishing and it will be in very good condition.
20220914_113426.jpg

2020FordRaptor

EcoBoost lover but nothing beats a Trinity!
Established Member
Thanks again guys for all of your help. I ended up purchasing a 2012 GT500 in Kona Blue with white stripes. It's a truly fun car and the kiddos love riding in "the Shelby". It's a one owner, 33k miles. It needs a good cleaning and polishing and it will be in very good condition.
View attachment 1765459
Congratulations!

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I gave the performance shop a call and they were super helpful. The guy running the shop said he remembered the call and they installed a pulley/intake/exhaust on it with a Lund tune. I'm kinda leaning towards passing on it since its a 4 owner car plus mods. Gut tells me it was beaten on.

Have you even looked at the car? Seems kinda silly to pass just because it had a few owners. If the car isn’t making over 800 RWHP, you can beat the shit out of them and theyll keep begging for more.

Get in it, drive it. Put it in 5/6 gear around 60mph and smash the gas… if the clutch is ****ed, you’ll know. If it slips ask for 3k off and replace is with a McLeod RXT.

These are tough cars. Passing on one because it was “beat on” is silly.

LS WUT

Established Member
Have you even looked at the car? Seems kinda silly to pass just because it had a few owners. If the car isn’t making over 800 RWHP, you can beat the shit out of them and theyll keep begging for more.

Get in it, drive it. Put it in 5/6 gear around 60mph and smash the gas… if the clutch is ****ed, you’ll know. If it slips ask for 3k off and replace is with a McLeod RXT.

I’ve got to admit I’m airy Tezz on that. Cars are like women. You can’t possibly think a Hot chick hasn’t ever been smashed. Especially muscle cars, people tend to drive the hell out of them. To be honest it’s better to get one of those than to find a real low mileage one. Never know how often the fluids got flushed, and cycled, bushings not lubricated. Although If you’re happy so be it.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I’ve got to admit I’m airy Tezz on that. Cars are like women. You can’t possibly think a Hot chick hasn’t ever been smashed. Especially muscle cars, people tend to drive the hell out of them. To be honest it’s better to get one of those than to find a real low mileage one. Never know how often the fluids got flushed, and cycled, bushings not lubricated. Although If you’re happy so be it.

Seriously.

Image1666125993.649196.jpg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

another dumpster fire in the making

2020FordRaptor

EcoBoost lover but nothing beats a Trinity!
Established Member
Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread