2014 GT vs New BMW 335i

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
I was driving home the other day and roller up to a light. I noticed the dual exhaust on the Bimmer and knew what it was but thought nothing of it.

All of sudden he started brake boosting! :uh oh:

So I just waited for the light and when it turned green.........my tires went up in smoke! I short shifted into second and started to pull back and then just flew by when he shifted into 3rd.

Beautiful car and had exhaust. Guy gave me a thumbs up and we drove off.:beer:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Nice run...but I used to have an '08 335xi.

Exhaust + Intake + Dinan Tune> 5.0.

They can be made INCREDIBLY quick. I'd still have mine....'cept....Cobra. :rockon:

Anyway, as I said, nice kill OP. :beer:
Can go both ways :shrug:
Exhaust intake tune 5.0 > Bolt on tune 335i :shrug:

Good kill O.P! New 335i are slower than the older ones. Good to hear that he wasnt a jerk either, lots of luxury car owners think they own the road :beer:

Sick03Vert

Banned

Good kill O.P! New 335i are slower than the older ones. Good to hear that he wasnt a jerk either, lots of luxury car owners think they own the road :beer:

I'm not denying that at all....I'd be surprised if an exhaust and tune 5.0 couldn't take on a bolt-on 335xi. :beer:

I just wanted to point out that those cars aren't slow...definitely not as slow as many people make them out to be. That's all. :beer:

kaz109

Established Member
Nice run...but I used to have an '08 335xi.

Exhaust + Intake + Dinan Tune> 5.0.

They can be made INCREDIBLY quick. I'd still have mine....'cept....Cobra. :rockon:

Anyway, as I said, nice kill OP. :beer:

Way to compare a stock car to a modded one, I would expect nothing less from you :bash:

NA_Cobra

Established Member

I agree

N54 > N55

Biturbo > Single Twin scroll

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Those engines are GREAT! There was highly modded 135i at the track running high 10's-low 11's and beating the hell out of a Z06 there trying to catch him!

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
I agree

N54 > N55

Biturbo > Single Twin scroll

This.

Even with the BMW tax, you can get quite a bit of HP for relatively little money on those cars. That was a bit of a new thing for BMW. The previous 3ers had thrived on having less power than a lot of cars but making up for it with balance and feel. When the N54 came out, things got turned around a little bit and unfortunately brought the stereotypical tuner crowd with it.

I have to admit though, when the N54 started hitting the streets in '06, its power and torque numbers were excellent, along with the fact that you could finally get a tune on a BMW and have it net more than a few HP....

IGO 202

Established Member
My son worked at a BMW dealership a couple years ago and brought home a 335 tt.
We had a new 370Z and that BMW would stomp a mud-hole in the Z.

They are nice cars for sure and will really wake up even more with a few $$$.

Good kill OP.....

Dan

BlueSnake01

Established Member
My son worked at a BMW dealership a couple years ago and brought home a 335 tt.
We had a new 370Z and that BMW would stomp a mud-hole in the Z.

They are nice cars for sure and will really wake up even more with a few $$$.

Good kill OP.....

Dan
Unless it was a 335is, I don't see a stock 335i beating a 370z, even less stomp on it. They are nice cars for sure though :beer:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Unless it was a 335is, I don't see a stock 335i beating a 370z, even less stomp on it. They are nice cars for sure though :beer:
2013s

0-60 on the GT 370 is 5.1 or so.

I think the 335i M Sport was 4.5.

1/4 mile 13.7 for the Nissan GT 370 and 13.1 for the 335i M Sport.

I got these from 0-60 Times web site. yeah I know we all drive differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

xenodragon

Established Member

My stock 335xi beat my friends stock EVOX from a roll and a dig. Maybe he couldnt drive it that well but the 335i would take a Z for sure IMO from my experience with cars I beat with my 335.

I cant wait for the turbo M3 to come out next year...that might be my next car.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I have a basic JB4 and intake on my 11 335i and my buddies boss intake/exhaust and tune 11 5.0 walks it pretty good.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
My stock 335xi beat my friends stock EVOX from a roll and a dig. Maybe he couldnt drive it that well but the 335i would take a Z for sure IMO from my experience with cars I beat with my 335.

Skip the m3 and build up that explorer sport man! Break some hearts!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
2013s
0-60 on the GT 370 is 5.1 or so.
I think the 335i M Sport was 4.5.
1/4 mile 13.7 for the Nissan GT 370 and 13.1 for the 335i M Sport.
I got these from 0-60 Times web site. yeah I know we all drive differently.

The G37 ran a similiar speed and quarter mile as a stock 335i, the 370z has slightly more hp and is lighter than a G37. I have seen stock 370z trap close to 110 and on avg are very low 13's, avg 335i are in the low mid 100's and low mid 13's. Never raced one before so im just going with my ricer math :beer:

+1 on the M3. In a year or two, im considering either going with the E92 M3 or go all out with the 2014 M3. Have no hurry for either one.
I have a basic JB4 and intake on my 11 335i and my buddies boss intake/exhaust and tune 11 5.0 walks it pretty good.
You're gonna need more boost, downpipes and meth/race gas to give that Boss a run. Must be fun racing a Boss (no pun intended) though :burnout:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The G37 ran a similiar speed and quarter mile as a stock 335i, the 370z has slightly more hp and is lighter than a G37. I have seen stock 370z trap close to 110 and on avg are very low 13's, avg 335i are in the low mid 100's and low mid 13's. Never raced one before so im just going with my ricer math :beer:

+1 on the M3. In a year or two, im considering either going with the E92 M3 or go all out with the 2014 M3. Have no hurry for either one.

You're gonna need more boost, downpipes and meth/race gas to give that Boss a run. Must be fun racing a Boss (no pun intended) though :burnout:

I'd like to try a couple out here, once I get the drive shaft safety loop on I should be allowed to run at the track. I drove a few XZ06s nuts in El Paso a couple years back. My turbos liked the altitude.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
I raced a highly modded 1M which made abour 420rwhp on all the bolt-ons, front mount, and meth. Also a Mtronic shift. Close racr thru 2nd then I would pull away and stay that way. My car was a bone stock 911TT.

They car be made fast!

Users who are viewing this thread