2014 GHIG Borla long tubes

calebnumber3

Established Member
Hey guys I recently got Borla long tubes, O/R X and over axle pipes installed with Roush mufflers installed (shout out to Bob at STLMustangs for and awesome job) I don't know how I feel about the sound yet. It's ear splitting loud whitch I like, but I don't know if I like the sound lol. I'm eventually going to go with either the Borla ATAK, or S type quad tip, but the Roush are on for now. Any ways here's the video, let me know what you think. I know the Roush with an O/R mid pipe aren't popular but oh well lol...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXzgS7hXevI

DarkHorse5.0

Established Member
I like it. I have BBK LT's with a catted X and ATAK's with deleted resonators... Everybody says outside the car it sounds good but inside I can't say I'm sold. It scares the crap outta me on the track left lane window down hahaha

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Sounds good, throw some resonators/bullet mufflers and it will clear it up.

EDIT* What don't you like about your exhaust note? Too poppy, too raspy... give us an idea.

Last edited:

calebnumber3

Established Member
Idk for sure really Iv only heard it on video or in the car. I don't even really know that I don't like it I'm just not sold on it yet. Seems kind of tin canish on the inside I guess that's how can explain it, if that makes since

I have two Pypes M80s I bought new for my old 06 GT I never out on I have thought about haveing them welded in to see what it sounds like with the Roush but idk lol

Last edited:

JpL4K3

Established Member
Idk for sure really Iv only heard it on video or in the car. I don't even really know that I don't like it I'm just not sold on it yet. Seems kind of tin canish on the inside I guess that's how can explain it, if that makes since

I have two Pypes M80s I bought new for my old 06 GT I never out on I have thought about haveing them welded in to see what it sounds like with the Roush but idk lol

Lose the Roush mufflers. Get some Magnaflow Street mufflers, or even GT500 take offs. Will help tremendously.

Justin81

Established Member
I have to admit. I thought for sure It was going to sound absolutely terrible. When I clicked on the link my mind was already made up I would be leaving a negative comment. This is because I have this notion that the only good sounding Coyote exhaust has GT500 attached to the back of it.

I watched the video, and I eat my words. I think the car sounded incredible. It was a little poppy at the bottom of the gears with no power but when that thing it 2nd at .53 seconds I was like Damn!

DarkHorse5.0

Established Member
I have to admit. I thought for sure It was going to sound absolutely terrible. When I clicked on the link my mind was already made up I would be leaving a negative comment. This is because I have this notion that the only good sounding Coyote exhaust has GT500 attached to the back of it.

I watched the video, and I eat my words. I think the car sounded incredible. It was a little poppy at the bottom of the gears with no power but when that thing it 2nd at .53 seconds I was like Damn!

Agree. It sounded very good. OP I hear what you're saying about tin can'ish because that's what I feel like I hear from the inside of mine, but when I talk about changing it all my buddies say they love it the way it is. Give it some time and see if it grows on you because it does sound good

SL0W5.0

Established Member
Cool location. This is why i love and hate the roush a/b at the same time. To mee it sounds perfect with stock manifolds and midpipe. But its simply too much noise to live with on a daily basis if you add lt and o/r x. So it kinda limits you

calebnumber3

Established Member
Lose the Roush mufflers. Get some Magnaflow Street mufflers, or even GT500 take offs. Will help tremendously.

I can honestly say im not a fan of the GT500 axle backs. To tame for my taste

Thanks, I love it and hate it at the same time I guess lol

Agree. It sounded very good. OP I hear what you're saying about tin can'ish because that's what I feel like I hear from the inside of mine, but when I talk about changing it all my buddies say they love it the way it is. Give it some time and see if it grows on you because it does sound good

All of my car guy friends say it sound awesome, and to keep it so idk lol

I agree ...sounds loud and clanky, but you're the one that has to like it, not me.
RC

Yeah times when I think it's to pingy and other times I think dang this is bad ass lol

Sounds Mean!

Thanks!

So what do you guys think about welding in the M80s I had for my 06 in?

calebnumber3

Established Member
Cool location. This is why i love and hate the roush a/b at the same time. To mee it sounds perfect with stock manifolds and midpipe. But its simply too much noise to live with on a daily basis if you add lt and o/r x. So it kinda limits you

Yes I loved them with the stock manifolds and mid pipe.

txA&M08

Established Member
I think it sounds really good but I can relate to the tin can sound from the interior. I have ARH long tubes, catted X and Borla S-types (no resonators), and it can be "rattly" from the inside. Sounds nuts from the outside though and very smooth at part throttle. Yours is probably the same way, but it's when you dip deep into the throttle at low rpm for some grunt it doesn't sound as ideal.

Edit: Mine from the outside w/ crappy iPhone mic
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdC_bdNTqDA&desktop_uri=/watch?v=JdC_bdNTqDA

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
That's way to loud man, and i'd say you not being sure if you like it is another way of saying you don't like it! I'd dump the roushes , pass on those expensive ataks which will be just as loud. Get a chambered axle back muffler, then replace your stock resonators with a good set of bullet mufflers like kooks. It will sound much better! Seriously you will attract cops with that sound!

Last edited:

hips14gt

Established Member
I am over on the Illinois side and Bob does all my work for me also , great guy knows his stuff , My 2 sons cars are there now a blue 94 gt getting a Vortech install and tune and my other boys 03 Cobra getting motor redone and switching to E 85 my 14 will be going in soon for long tubes and tune

DarkHorse5.0

Established Member
That's way to loud man, and i'd say you not being sure if you like it is another way of saying you don't like it! I'd dump the roushes , pass on those expensive ataks which will be just as loud. Get a chambered axle back muffler, then replace your stock resonators with a good set of bullet mufflers like kooks. It will sound much better! Seriously you will attract cops with that sound!

Correct the ATAK's will be as loud if not louder. If you want a video of mine for a comparison shoot me a pm.

calebnumber3

Established Member
I think it sounds really good but I can relate to the tin can sound from the interior. I have ARH long tubes, catted X and Borla S-types (no resonators), and it can be "rattly" from the inside. Sounds nuts from the outside though and very smooth at part throttle. Yours is probably the same way, but it's when you dip deep into the throttle at low rpm for some grunt it doesn't sound as ideal.

Edit: Mine from the outside w/ crappy iPhone mic
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdC_bdNTqDA&desktop_uri=/watch?v=JdC_bdNTqDA

Sounds good man! im really wanting quad tip Borla, but that price tag is out there. lol

I don't so much mind the loudness just the tone it makes a certain RPM. Has the Borla over axle pipes so no resonators. In the week I have had it it has attracted a few cops lol

I am over on the Illinois side and Bob does all my work for me also , great guy knows his stuff , My 2 sons cars are there now a blue 94 gt getting a Vortech install and tune and my other boys 03 Cobra getting motor redone and switching to E 85 my 14 will be going in soon for long tubes and tune

Oh awesome! yeah he is a straight up guy, definitely knows what he his doing. I will be taking the car back in a week or two to get the stall installed and get one of his awesome tunes iv heard so much about.

Correct the ATAK's will be as loud if not louder. If you want a video of mine for a comparison shoot me a pm.

Yes I would definitely like a video. I don't mind the loud at all! its just the tone in certain RPMs that im not sure about.

fightermatt

Established Member
I have OR/X and MBRP race series catbacks (old, straight through muffler design) which are quite loud, but I still have the factory headers, I may be in the same boat as you when I get the long tubes I want, one thing I thought might help would be going to an OR/H, probably still have the crack and pop which I kinda like, but might get rid of the tin can sound.

I like that kind of exhaust, but it can get old when your just trying to cruise around with your wife or girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread