2014 Fiesta St - Stage 3

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Bump, picking up a truck Tuesday and want to free up the space! :beer:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Interested, but with private party value at 17-18k it makes no sense not to just buy or lease a new one since you can get it loaded now for $24k since they dropped the price on the '15's.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
NADA clean retail is $20,700, clean trade in is $18,150, and average trade in is $17,175 with the options and mileage it has. Not sure where you got those figures from?

Yes you can get a brand new one for 24K-ish, then add tax, fees, reg etc and you're up there ($26,500 in total with an 8.25% tax like we have here). So youre saving $7000 as opposed to buying new, and I think aside from the immediate depreciation, these cars will hold well resale-wise for awhile. I feel I have it fairly priced, and I'm certainly open to reasonable offers!

Last edited:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
NADA clean retail is $20,700, clean trade in is $18,150, and average trade in is $17,175 with the options and mileage it has. Not sure where you got those figures from?

Yes you can get a brand new one for 24K-ish, then add tax, fees, reg etc and you're up there ($26,500 in total with an 8.25% tax like we have here). So youre saving $7000 as opposed to buying new, and I think aside from the immediate depreciation, these cars will hold well resale-wise for awhile. I feel I have it fairly priced, and I'm certainly open to reasonable offers!

You can't really compare retail price when you aren't a dealer selling the car for a markup. Also, you have to take into account tax, reg, and title fees selling private party as well, so your 6-7k difference figure quickly changes to 3-4k. I quoted KBB private party since NADA retail doesn't apply and IIRC they don't list a private party price anymore. Not trying to be argumentative, but you can get one almost fully loaded new for $23k with X plan. Just trying to justify buying used vs new. I am not seeing the savings as of now.

On topic question, do the stock wheels and tires come with the car?

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
You can't really compare retail price when you aren't a dealer selling the car for a markup. Also, you have to take into account tax, reg, and title fees selling private party as well, so your 6-7k difference figure quickly changes to 3-4k. I quoted KBB private party since NADA retail doesn't apply and IIRC they don't list a private party price anymore. Not trying to be argumentative, but you can get one almost fully loaded new for $23k with X plan. Just trying to justify buying used vs new. I am not seeing the savings as of now.

On topic question, do the stock wheels and tires come with the car?

I hear ya man, that's why I priced it $1200 under the retail price, which I thought was fair (still has factory transferable warranty too). In your case then its still ~$4K worth of savings over new, which looking back Id of much rather preferred than getting stuffed with "new car depreciation". I tend to go through cars often, and wont be buying new anymore probably. Anyways, that's another story. The stock wheels and tires do not come with the car, they got sold awhile back. Like I said previously, never really planned on selling this, but life just went another direction than planned!

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
If you've got a serious offer throw it my way, worst I can say is no!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Dealer will be buying it back soon if it doesn't go, would rather an enthusiast get a deal than the stealership!!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
$18,500. It'll be going back within a week or so to the dealer if t doesn't sell.

Users who are viewing this thread