2014 early delivery

sftdyna

Established Member
Had a march 5th build date and my dealer just called to tell me my car was completed on feb 26th and sent to shipping on the 27th. Im just wondering if anyone is familiar with how long it takes from this point?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Get a visibility report from you dealer and see how your car is being shipped, train or truck. If it is by train, you can track the train if you have the railcar number.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
You cannot depend on what the Window Sticker says for transportation. I've seen vehicles that say "Rail" on the sticker that never see a train, and I have seen "Convoy" window stickers fill up a rail car. If it truly is "Convoy" I would say you should she your vehicle in 2-3 weeks. If it is rail than it might be a little longer. Glad your process is moving quickly. That seems to be the norm so far this year as compared to last year.

sftdyna

Established Member
You cannot depend on what the Window Sticker says for transportation. I've seen vehicles that say "Rail" on the sticker that never see a train, and I have seen "Convoy" window stickers fill up a rail car. If it truly is "Convoy" I would say you should she your vehicle in 2-3 weeks. If it is rail than it might be a little longer. Glad your process is moving quickly. That seems to be the norm so far this year as compared to last year.

As always iceman thanks for getting back to me on this! My dealer really thinks its coming within a week because his inbounds have all been very early lately. For me the weather here is still to cold for those tires and my garage is housing a few harleys that are in hibernation so its not important to get it now just that i know when its really coming as i will have to kick some crap out the garage.

bossman302

Banned
I was told the same thing today, Looks like they are a week ahead of schedule. Just hope the weather is nice in MI! I hate to get a new car that has sat in nasty snow for a few days, right after paint.

sftdyna

Established Member
Latest update was car was at body shop than trim line! Pulled for random quality control check. Not sure what that does to my eta but im sure it doesnt help.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Latest update was car was at body shop than trim line! Pulled for random quality control check. Not sure what that does to my eta but im sure it doesnt help.

It won't hurt it noticeably.

bossman302

Banned

My report said the same thing, Body shop, then trim line, I think this is standard for Shelby's with stripes. So I wouldn't worry about it to much.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

my build week is 3/18.... wife's B-Day on 4/21......hmmmm:idea:
don't think ours will come in together

Sparko

Established Member
I live in NJ. It is sent to the NE area via train then trucked and it took 1 week from the time it was shipped to get to the dealer.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
My window sticker was available today, and I just got an email from my dealer with an ETA of 3/25:banana:

Looks like I should be able to attend the Fabulous Fords show in Buena Park on April 21st!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

sftdyna

Established Member
Well my car is still under quality hold! i guess it may be awhile. Funny thing is mine was supposedly waiting for transit over a week ago.

Last edited:

WI-2014

Established Member
Mine had a build date of 02-11-13 which I have read on this site was the very first day of production. I have been told that it will not be delivered until the latter part of this month. I live in the snow and cold so the timing should be perfect - that is if this dang snow gets to melting!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If yours is in transit, mine should be right behind it. :)

Sorry for my mistake.. between the order being sent to the plant and production actually beginning, it has to be received by "Voith Industrial Services Inc". That is where mine was in transit to.

I was curious to how they were so far ahead, but then I looked at the log of another Mustang I have coming and it shows this, then the next step is "In Production- Body Shop".

Sorry for the confusion!

Users who are viewing this thread