2014 Dodge Dart SRT4...... Focus ST killre?

Boostaholic2184

Established Member
Doesnt look bad. But i still think its a sacrilige to make it a 4-door turbo 4 banger with the Dart nametag. Kinda how I dont agree with the 4-door Charger thing either. As a former '68 owner, it really irked me when they first came out and i still havent gotten over it ha.

ViciousJay

Established Member
looks pretty cool for a DD, but 30K BWAHAHAHAHAHA my mustang was around that price brand new!!!

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I like it! Whats that Focus ST gonna sell for? Probably around the same

Last edited:

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
I like it! Whats that Focus ST gonna sell for? Probably around the same

The Focus ST is going to sticker for around $27,000. I think optioned out it might come to $30K. However, that's right on par with WRX's and GTI's so it should fit in nicely.

I think anything over $30K is going to have trouble, especially when you look at the competition of the STi and EVO X. Those cars are well established in their market.

Unless the SRT-4 Dart is really an ass kicker, I doubt it'll swing any buyers from the Subaru or Mitsubishi.

STERLING351

The Chuppacabra
Established Member
Dodge is messing up all their classic muscle cars the only one they did a decent job at is the Challenger, charger is ugly and doesnt scream sports car at all, this new dart is ugly, the classic versions atleast had style....:shrug:

Raven519

Established Member
Looks better than a Focus, but I wouldn't buy one. There are plenty other vehicles in that price range I would rather have.

ROMM

Established Member
Doesnt look bad. But i still think its a sacrilige to make it a 4-door turbo 4 banger with the Dart nametag. Kinda how I dont agree with the 4-door Charger thing either. As a former '68 owner, it really irked me when they first came out and i still havent gotten over it ha.

While I agree with you on the Charger, and that a 4 door version was BS, Chrysler Corporation made a ton of 4 door Darts. In fact, between 1963 and 1976, the Dodge Dart was classified as a compact car, and a lot of those cars came only with a slant-6. Bringing back the Dart in the fashion they are seems very true to the origins of the car. Unlike the Charger as you pointed out. They did the Challenger perfectly.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The Focus ST is going to sticker for around $27,000. I think optioned out it might come to $30K. However, that's right on par with WRX's and GTI's so it should fit in nicely.

except the wrx is awd. the gti? well its german so it just costs more lol. iirc, the R32 was around $30k.
the MS3 is a steal compared to what the focus ST will be and this car as well.

It'll fail like the other srt-4's, guess dodge didn't learn already with the neon, caliber, and pt gt

the neon SRT4 was a great car. big bang for just a few bucks. hell of a deal compared to its competition. they should stick to that principle if they want to have success with this car. neons were everywhere around here. i see quite a few MS3s now (another bargain pocket rocket). at $30k you're getting way too close to sti/evo territory and no one in their right mind would take a fwd pocket rocket for the same price as one of those beasts lol

04svtsnke

Established Member
except the wrx is awd. the gti? well its german so it just costs more lol. iirc, the R32 was around $30k.
the MS3 is a steal compared to what the focus ST will be and this car as well.

the neon SRT4 was a great car. big bang for just a few bucks. hell of a deal compared to its competition. they should stick to that principle if they want to have success with this car. neons were everywhere around here. i see quite a few MS3s now (another bargain pocket rocket). at $30k you're getting way too close to sti/evo territory and no one in their right mind would take a fwd pocket rocket for the same price as one of those beasts lol

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well put.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
While I agree with you on the Charger, and that a 4 door version was BS, Chrysler Corporation made a ton of 4 door Darts. In fact, between 1963 and 1976, the Dodge Dart was classified as a compact car, and a lot of those cars came only with a slant-6. Bringing back the Dart in the fashion they are seems very true to the origins of the car. Unlike the Charger as you pointed out. They did the Challenger perfectly.

Yup, the only thing that ever made the original Dart anything more than a cheap econo car were the ultra ultra rare tricked out 426 Hemi race cars.

Other than that, the Dart name is far from legendary.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i like it but if its fwd forget it. not for $30k :nonono:

the caliber srt4 had huge hp for a 4 banger but didnt even have an lsd :shrug: just some stupid brake management thingie that brakes the wheel that's getting spin :bored: ie wannabe lsd.

even if it will have awd it will be a tough sell. too close to the proven bad boy cars at that price range. they need to bring whatever they have in for less to get people into the cars. this isnt a rwd muscle car where they can just boast big hp and sell cars based on that. the pocket rocket crowd is pretty anti-domestic. the neon was a hit but it was a hit at about $20k.

id rather take the goofy looking MS3 for $5k less. it will also hold its value better. in 2 years this new srt4 will probably be on the used market for $10k less lol

Users who are viewing this thread