2014 American Muscle Mustang Mayhem

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
So for those of you that saw my posts on FB....here is the video compilation of all the cars in the 2014 American Muscle Mustang Mayhem of which I was one. It was an awesome day and alot of fun. Hopefully this link works. I'm at work where YouTube is blocked so, I googled the link and posted below. If it does not work I'll fix it later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGfRcqdKcfg

Last edited:

Jday14

Established Member
Pretty cool but why would my man on team coyote not check to make sure his bottle is full before entering a dyno contest?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah I don't know what happened there...if it was lower than they thought or what. I've never had it on any of my cars so, not familiar with how it works and all. I can tell you given that I'd never put it on my car....but, things happen. Unfortunately the 07 GT500 hit 580 on the dyno the day before but, had issues and did 540 first pull and then 402 or something second pull. He had major belt slip. I believe he had a part issue. So $hit happens. Had the bottles worked on two of those cars I assume the numbers could have been alot different from what I am told.

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
I was originally thinking WTF, the gt500's will blow away the 5.0's, but the rules did allow the 5.0's a chance. Nice numbers, by the way!!

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
that was me with the boss the bottle had a leak. i actually brought two full bottles and they wouldn't give me time to swap bottles and heat. and i popped an o2. yay.

Why Try

Established Member
When I watched it I was like, hey look there is Robbie and then I saw Mike's rims backing on the dyno. MACA had two entries. Good stuff guys. I had no idea you all would be in this.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
that was me with the boss the bottle had a leak. i actually brought two full bottles and they wouldn't give me time to swap bottles and heat. and i popped an o2. yay.

Yeah I was sorry to see your bottle have issues....I was really curious to see what the spray would do. I know it would have been alot closer had that worked. Although we had a slight issue on our team with belt slip.

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
They asked me what was on the car and wouldn't let me say any names because the don't sell anything I have on the car. Made me change hats too..

et9secstang

Established Member
I called up to find out what the deal was like 3 times because I had to change my schedule around , no one knew what was going on,they had not a clue, kept transferring me to someone else, personally they need to stick selling parts and even that is confusing for them. I'm glad I didn't take my car up now.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I had no issue what so ever so not sure what happened with you guys. They actually contacted me. I think the issue with the GT500's was they had to have stock blower. Bolt ons were okay but, the blower had to be stock. If I remember correctly et9secstang your car is a monster so, I have a feeling that's why they passed on your for this event....at least that's what I'm guessing based on how the competition was explained to me. Maybe no one wanted to tell you that? Not sure why.

My thought is your car is awesome so no biggie if it did not work out for this event....I'm betting you do well at alot of events given that power your car has.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
They told me not to mention any names either which was fine...I understand if they are running the competition they don't want to advertise for others. I'll bet, only because I'm in distribution and know how it works, they had money from some of their suppliers to help pay for the event. Marketing dollars....so it would not be right to advertise for other vendors.

No offense to anyone...I would have liked to fly the MACA t-shirt and BAP logo but, I was not going to offend those that asked me to come. My first event in prime time so maybe I was too excited to care.

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
I completely understand the advertising aspect. I just found it funny nobody had stuff they sell. I came in a maca shirt and a Jpc hat to hide the missing hair. Gave me an American muscle hat but it felt worse than my last girlfriend so I grabbed the trusty ford hat from my trunk. I actually had a blast at the show and hope to go again. Great group of guys. Some real gearheads there. The photo and interview stuff was odd for me tho.

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
And a big thanks to Dustin (speedrite) jp (leadfoot) and Matt for helping me till 2am to get the car together.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I completely understand the advertising aspect. I just found it funny nobody had stuff they sell. I came in a maca shirt and a Jpc hat to hide the missing hair. Gave me an American muscle hat but it felt worse than my last girlfriend so I grabbed the trusty ford hat from my trunk. I actually had a blast at the show and hope to go again. Great group of guys. Some real gearheads there. The photo and interview stuff was odd for me tho.

LOL...that's to funny about the hat. I came in MACA shirt but, changed as their request. Not sure if any of my stuff could have been bought there or not. I did just buy shocks and struts from them for the car.

I was a bit nervous on both of those myself but, after some jokes got okay with it.

Users who are viewing this thread