2014 Adjustable Steering/Damper Status Indicators

David H

I recently had the amazing opportunity to trade in my '07 GT towards a near-perfect 2014 Shelby. Sitting on the lot and during the test drive, I noticed that there were, in fact, status indicators for the Bilstein dampers and steering settings on the bottom-right of the gauge LCD screen.

Drove it home, have had it for a few days, and I haven't thought about it. Now today I wanted to mess around with the adjustments, and realized that those indicators have vanished. I couldn't for the life of me find those indicators again nor figure out how to bring them back up. I've gone through everything relevant in the 2014 Mustang manual included in the car, as well as the online PDF additional manual for the Shelby's.

Now, I saw them at the dealership. They're available to me somehow; stuck in some settings or a specific screen that I can't seem to land myself on. Does anyone have any information regarding those status indicators, and possibly a setting that hides them? Again, they were the same logos that appear on the buttons below the headlight switch to the left of the steering wheel, and when clicking those buttons, it would actively change the status indicators that were up on the bottom right-hand section of the 'between the gauge' LCD screen. I sat and went through everything I could in the menus accessible through the 5-button steering wheel interface, but couldn't find anything about those status indicators.

I found a video that showed the indicators clearly, so attached is a cropped still from that video showing the two status indicators in question on the bottom right of the screen.

Any advice? Thanks!

Attachments

• indicators.jpg
    indicators.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 55

Legendary 351

Banned
Established Member
I recently had the amazing opportunity to trade in my '07 GT towards a near-perfect 2014 Shelby. Sitting on the lot and during the test drive, I noticed that there were, in fact, status indicators for the Bilstein dampers and steering settings on the bottom-right of the gauge LCD screen.

Drove it home, have had it for a few days, and I haven't thought about it. Now today I wanted to mess around with the adjustments, and realized that those indicators have vanished. I couldn't for the life of me find those indicators again nor figure out how to bring them back up. I've gone through everything relevant in the 2014 Mustang manual included in the car, as well as the online PDF additional manual for the Shelby's.

Now, I saw them at the dealership. They're available to me somehow; stuck in some settings or a specific screen that I can't seem to land myself on. Does anyone have any information regarding those status indicators, and possibly a setting that hides them? Again, they were the same logos that appear on the buttons below the headlight switch to the left of the steering wheel, and when clicking those buttons, it would actively change the status indicators that were up on the bottom right-hand section of the 'between the gauge' LCD screen. I sat and went through everything I could in the menus accessible through the 5-button steering wheel interface, but couldn't find anything about those status indicators.

I found a video that showed the indicators clearly, so attached is a cropped still from that video showing the two status indicators in question on the bottom right of the screen.

Any advice? Thanks!
congrats on the better GT500!!get rid of those stock tires and rims.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Do you have racing stripes on the shifter ball?
Which wheels do you have on the car, assuming the previous owner didn't change them?

Base Wheels.

OEM Original 19 20 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Base Wheels Factory Stock 3913 3914.jpg

Performance Pack Wheels.

OEM Original 19 20 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 PP Wheels Factory Stoc.jpg

David H

Are you sure you have a Performance Pack car?

Very sure. SVTPP wheels, no stripes on shifter, 821A package specified on original window sticker. Yellow suspension components all around, Brembo front calipers. Plus, the indicators were there when I was at the dealership.

David H

Have you tried both keys?

Man, thank you! I would never have guessed; I've been so used to my 07 GT where a key is a key that I didn't think of that at all.

One of them seems to be programmed from the factory as the 'guest' key, and it just so happened to be the one I picked out to drive with and put on my keychain following ownership from the dealership. Starting it up with what I had delegated as the spare key brings up those indicators immediately! I had spent over an hour sitting and playing with the settings before turning to the AFM forum, and then to here in hopes someone more knowledgeable with the cars could point me in the right direction.

Thanks a billion Snoopy!

Snoopy49

Established Member
MyKey.pdf

I thought about the MyKey, but you never mentioned the two screens that popup when you turn the key to the start position.
MyKey Active Drive Safely
Speed Limited to 80 MPH

P3100351.JPG

Attachments

• MyKey.pdf
    140.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

David H

MyKey.pdf

I thought about the MyKey, but you never mentioned the two screens that popup when you turn the key to the start position.
MyKey Active Drive Safely
Speed Limited to 80 MPH

View attachment 1477771

What threw me off was that the only thing that comes up with the restricted MyKey is the 'drive safely' prompt; no speed limitations or otherwise. I suppose it isn't really restricted, just not the admin key, but because of that it wasn't obvious to me there would be a difference.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you don't want the valet key you can turn it back into a full function key by following the instructions for clearing the key.

CLEARING ALL MYKEYS

Note:
All programmed MyKeys can be cleared within the same key cycle in which a MyKey was created, otherwise an admin key is required to clear the keys.

To clear all MyKeys (which removes all restrictions and returns them to admin key status), use the information display control to do the following:

1. Access the main menu and select Settings, then MyKey.

2. Scroll to Clear All and press the OK button.

3. Hold the OK button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed.

Legendary 351

Banned
Established Member
where it says miles to empty some people have the horse on that,and others have the cobra for that.i have been trying to find out how to put the cobra on my miles to empty does anyone know how to do it?i have the performance pack,and track pack,2014.

Snoopy49

Established Member
where it says miles to empty some people have the horse on that,and others have the cobra for that.i have been trying to find out how to put the cobra on my miles to empty does anyone know how to do it?i have the performance pack,and track pack,2014.

When was your car made?

Users who are viewing this thread