2014 5.0 vs 2012 GT500, 2010 2SS

LajosV

Established Member
Mostly a lurker, but decided to share the few true runs I had in my car.
My car has a AirAid CAI with the venturi insert (will get tuner as funds allow), Steeda shifter bracket, and roushe axles.
1st run -
GT500 - Older gentleman driving said he wants to run a 5.0. His car is stock other than 305 Nittos in the rear.
He's wealthy so he has a huge peice of land with good asphalt.
From the dig - 1st race he roasted his tires all the way through 2nd, so we were even until he slammed 3rd then he pulled on me pretty good.
2nd dig same thing but he misses 2nd so I pull on him and he doesn't catch up until the top of 4th.
3rd dig he gets his launch right and starts pulling as soon as he shifts and at the top of 4th he's about 3 cars ahead of me.
I launched at about 2500 rpms each time.

Roll
1st run we decided to start at 20 mph and he gave me the hit, we were pretty even until 3rd and then he started to pull, got me about by 3 cars when we let off at the top of 4th
2nd we were going 75 mph, I was in 3rd he gave me the hit and as soon as he got in it he started pulling me and by 120 mph+ that shelby was gone.

He was kind enough to also give me a ride in it and god damn....I thought my 5.0 pulled....

Against the SS.
This is my buddy, he's a hard core Chevy guy and said even with his bald tires he'd walk me so bad I would go and trade my mustang in for a Camaro.
We did 2 dig races
First dig my passenger shouted 1 2 3 go and we went on go. I spun my tires and as soon as I hit 2nd he was in my rear view mirror and rapidly getting smaller. I let off because he wasn't catching up, I had about 4 cars on him. He said he bogged so we ran again.
2nd We went on go again and this time he admittedly had a better launch so were even till I slammed 3rd and then I started pulling put about 2 1/2 cars on him by the top of 5th.

We did 1 roll race, 75mph I was in 3rd, he honked it and we were even till I slammed 4th then I started inching away.
Was good fun and he quieted down afterwards.:rockon: He has full exhausts header back, CAI and 295 in the rear.
Thanks for reading!

LajosV

Established Member
Sure
775677_10153398987660521_2069294985_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This by a friend of mine, she's a damn good photographer. My car.
994394_700755449936332_1204783868_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Shelby and I getting gas.
62e560e4-a43f-49b4-8653-402c6bead8e2.jpg

Camaro buddy and I grabbing a bite day I got my car.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Nice! Once you get a tune (and please don't ask by who.. it starts a 3 week flame war that rivals the civil war in death count) you'll start to pull his camaro much faster.

5.0jake

Established Member
Nice runs!
Was the SS auto(L99) or manual(LS3)?
What gears do you have?

LajosV

Established Member
I'll probably go with Bama I got it on a piece of paper signed by my dealer that I get to keep my factory warranty if I go with Bama though I know there are better options. His SS is manual with the Ls3. I have 3.31 gears but I hear 3.73 are the way to go if you are n/a which I will be for a long while unless I win the lottery ;)

SN8KBYT_1

Established Member
Nice story. I love when people tell the truth. It warms my heart. Best of all, you still got the temp tags on your stang and you are out stretching its legs. Good work sir.

LajosV

Established Member
The races were after I got tags but the first thing I did when I got it was burnout and slam gears till 5th. Screw soft break ins!

Rct851

Established Member
Exactly what I would expect against the Shelby. Faired better than I expected against a full exhaust ls3 ss.

Did you have your passenger against the Shelby? Is he fat?

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
I'll probably go with Bama I got it on a piece of paper signed by my dealer that I get to keep my factory warranty if I go with Bama though I know there are better options. His SS is manual with the Ls3. I have 3.31 gears but I hear 3.73 are the way to go if you are n/a which I will be for a long while unless I win the lottery ;)

How did you get them to do that???!! Im curious and would love to get that deal from them :)

LajosV

Established Member
Exactly what I would expect against the Shelby. Faired better than I expected against a full exhaust ls3 ss.

Did you have your passenger against the Shelby? Is he fat?
I did, he's 6'2 200lb.

How did you get them to do that???!! Im curious and would love to get that deal from them :)
Almost all the guys at my dealer go drag racing and they even sponsor a couple people. I guess they have faith in the 5.0 haha.

Fast_5.0

Established Member

I have the same exact car as you down to the wheels. I modded my car a month after I bought it. Warranty is a ripoff unless your tuner ruins your car. I went with Bama and haven't ran into any problems. Their tunes are solid and customer service is redonkulously good.

Users who are viewing this thread