2014 5.0 Roush TVS half mile results

cmsnake

Established Member
I got my Roush TVS (stage1) installed last week and ran the car at the half mile airstrip event in clayton, ga sunday (wannagofast.com). The car didnt miss a beat and ran very consistent. Car made 570/472 and I had a full tank of gas with a trunk full of crap. 3.31 mt82 car with mufflers and blower/cai only on street tires. At time of install I also put amsoil fluid in trans and installed a boss cooler for added insurance. I ran a total of 5 times, results below:

First run: 13 gt500 with tune, TB, cat deletes, I won 145 to his 150. I was able to just simply out drive him 75% of the way. After that he was starting to pour it on, but not until about 130mph or so. Cool guy who occasionally posts in the gt500 section. His best mph was 152.

Second: 13 ls7 vette vert with CAI (dad), never told him I installed blower (he wasnt there for first run against gt500), out drove and out powered him, 147 to 143. Had 4-5 cars on him at finish. He was pissed lol.

Third: 12 zr1 with tune, pulley, exhaust, cai, got humbled real quick, knew I was done for and I was, 147 to 155, he had 3 plus cars on me at traps.

Fourth: 13 1le camaro (brother) with ls9 cam, cai, high flow cats, radials and 100 shot, ran from a 40 roll, pulled about 1-2 cars, 147-145

Fifth: same camaro from a dig, pulled to half way mark then he let out half way, said he bottle pressure dropped.

Fastest trap of day was 147.7, for comparison it was on par with mild bolt on gtr's (tune, downpipe). My car surprisingly puts the power down very well with the 3.31s. About 70% throttle in 1st, 80-90% 2nd, full boil 3rd gear on. Drove it like this all day. Beat on the trans and it didnt miss a beat, neither did the clutch, drove it 2 hours home right after and even made a few WOT pulls on the way back. Very impressed with the entire set up. I will say the brembo's are a must slowing from those speeds, they give you the extra confidence. No fading at all.

Several people came to chat in the staging lanes and see the mods. They were all impressed with the minimal mods given the performance.

Ive got some radials in the garage that I may throw on and hit the strip this friday. We'll see.

Shout out to Beef for the kit
Shout out to Kurgan Motorsports for the install/tune
Shout out to ford for giving us a capable platform

IGO 202

Established Member
I was there spectating, they won't let bikes run.
What folks don't know that were not there is the last few hundred feet of the course is uphill which scrubs off several mph.
Good job.
Dan

cmsnake

Established Member
I was there spectating, they won't let bikes run.
What folks don't know that were not there is the last few hundred feet of the course is uphill which scrubs off several mph.
Good job.
Dan
Yeah. You can visibly see the track start up hill looking from the finish. Thats why I think its important to compare the mph to other cars there not from other events. Not to mention the elevation at this track.

I assume they wont let bikes run there for liability purposes :shrug:

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
Another forum member, machman, was there with his Hellion twin turboed 13' GT. He went 153.
Is that the black car with HRE's? I believe I saw it parked by the top speed trailer. Didn't get to see him run. There was a white turbo boss there running 164 I believe. I think he is a member. Maybe he can chime in.

nonliberal

Established Member
Good job.
Dan

That explains it! I was just thinking I know of guys with TVS blowers running 140mph traps in the 1/4 couldnt understand why they were only picking up a few mph in the next 1/4.

Last edited:

machman

04 SVT COBRA
Established Member
Another forum member, machman, was there with his Hellion twin turboed 13' GT. He went 153.

yes sir i only tried it twice could of picked up a few more mph with more seat time it was breaking loose real bad in 4th gear and i was worried about loosing the car, the invo street tires were begging for mercy lol

implosive

Established Member
That explains it! I was just thinking I know of guys with TVS blowers running 140mph traps in the 1/4 couldnt understand why they were only picking up a few mph in the next 1/4.

well that and the cars running 140+ traps are making more than 570whp. the op is running a very mild setup and running great times. gatta love these cars on a little boost

IGO 202

Established Member

The rise hurts their speed for sure and with it being a concrete, unprepped runway hurts them too.

But gaining mph gets really tough the further you run. On my streetbike I only gain 5-6mph going from the mile to a mile and a half.....202 to 208.
Dan

nonliberal

Established Member
The rise hurts their speed for sure and with it being a concrete, unprepped runway hurts them too.

But gaining mph gets really tough the further you run. On my streetbike I only gain 5-6mph going from the mile to a mile and a half.....202 to 208.
Dan

Yeah it sounds like a great time for sure!
Definitely wasn't trying to belittle the accomplishments, it just didnt sound right with all hye cars mentioned, not just the mustang. But yes the unprepped track and uphill grade definitely sheds light on it.

Users who are viewing this thread