2013 Under rear seats/trunk fully dynomated

Chaney5.0

Havn't really seen anybody dynomat these cars for sound. I have purchased gt500 black quad tip muffler deletes, that obviously are supposed to be for gt500s, but I will make them fit, and I know it will drone at 2krpm. Because that is what I have now. It's not bad anywhere else just cruising at 2k. So I decided to dynomat the trunk and under the rear seats. I am getting a custom leather wrapped 3rd seat delete made as we speak, and since the car was already torn apart I went ahead and did it.

Ordered the extreme kit with a roller for 150 or so dollars from Amazon. Was getting quotes for 600 dollars... Yes it was a 5-6 hour job, and my hands are torn to shit... But 600 dollars... Decided to do it right and do it myself. For never doing it, once I started laying all the peices out and taking my time it went smoothly! Looks tits

20135046_zpsbaff86ec.jpg

20135043_zps2dc90dc7.jpg

20135044_zps293a13ce.jpg

20135045_zps7883c4dc.jpg

20135047_zps3505f3d9.jpg

20135048_zps4249d149.jpg

20135050_zps330f2206.jpg

20135049_zpsc2829044.jpg

20135052_zps34eb562c.jpg

20135051_zps6bc9b311.jpg

I'll get pictures of what under the seat looks like when I get the seat delete wrapped and bolstered with the 5.0 badge!

Have not taken it out for a drive yet, in the process of throwing two 72 mms on my c6 before tx2k this weekend. So this one has been put on the back burner for a bit :beer:

Last edited:

2012GTCS

Established Member
Looks good. More pics! Let us know how much of a sound difference in makes and if its worth it!!

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown

Go read that site. I know he sells the stuff there as well, but you can buy from wherever else you want and his prices are fair. Everything I've used from him is great.

That Dynamat won't to a good job at blocking sound under like 1500hz or so IIRC. All your tire/road noise is centered around 200 hz. Dynamat is a dampener. It controls panel resonance. If you really want to quiet it down you need to get at a minimum 1lb./sq ft MLV or Mass Loaded Vinyl. That actually blocks sound. I promise you if you do the rear half of your car it will dramatically reduce road noise. Dont forget to do the wheel wells also.

Do a google search on these forums and read about sound deadening. There's a little more to it than just covering your panels in dynamat. That's a complete waste.

www.diyma.com

Here's my backseat right now. I'm in the middle of a big stereo overhaul. I need to make room for another amp and a bit one sound processor. I'm going to glass an amp rack where the seat bottoms go and cover it with a hinged lid so it looks similar to a seat delete. I used vinyl cement to seal the layers around the wheel wells because sound will move through gaps.

IMG_20130310_242340_9881_zpsbbb42b48.jpg

Last edited:

Chaney5.0

Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown

Go read that site. I know he sells the stuff there as well, but you can buy from wherever else you want and his prices are fair. Everything I've used from him is great.

That Dynamat won't to a good job at blocking sound under like 1500hz or so IIRC. All your tire/road noise is centered around 200 hz. Dynamat is a dampener. It controls panel resonance. If you really want to quiet it down you need to get at a minimum 1lb./sq ft MLV or Mass Loaded Vinyl. That actually blocks sound. I promise you if you do the rear half of your car it will dramatically reduce road noise. Dont forget to do the wheel wells also.

Do a google search on these forums and read about sound deadening. There's a little more to it than just covering your panels in dynamat. That's a complete waste.

DIYMA Car Audio Online

Here's my backseat right now. I'm in the middle of a big stereo overhaul. I need to make room for another amp and a bit one sound processor. I'm going to glass an amp rack where the seat bottoms go and cover it with a hinged lid so it looks similar to a seat delete. I used vinyl cement to seal the layers around the wheel wells because sound will move through gaps.

IMG_20130310_242340_9881_zpsbbb42b48.jpg

Most of what you said is true, other half is not. The whole part that DM won't help any is false. Go pro footage and sony vegas software detect a 25DBA average drop, biggest being up to 36.2, from before and after in cab resonance and the mike. That's with no rear seats or seat delete. Which I am getting a custom leather wrapped and stitched kit with sound deadening foam on that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread