2013 TVS upgrade, dyno numbers

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Upgraded to a 2013 TVS this week- 2.4 upper with 10% lower, 72lb injectors and added Snow water methanol injection. Produced 738 hp and 749 torque. Also replaced Nitto Invo's with Toyo Proxes R888 to help put the new power to the ground.

Got to give props to the guys at Fastlane Motorsports in NC. Their service and the quality of work was exceptional, best in class!

455HO71

Established Member
Kenwood- Congrats on your swap, I hope to do the TVS in the future too.
In another thread, you mentioned the exhaust you had on your car. ARH headers and O/R pipe. Are you running stock GT500 mufflers? I have the Roush axleback system and it's loud with everything else stock. I have a set of Kooks long tubes and off road pipe if I want them but i'm hesitant because of the noise factor. I want to keep my Roush mufflers but I'm not sure how loud it will be.

thx

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Kenwood- Congrats on your swap, I hope to do the TVS in the future too.
In another thread, you mentioned the exhaust you had on your car. ARH headers and O/R pipe. Are you running stock GT500 mufflers? I have the Roush axleback system and it's loud with everything else stock. I have a set of Kooks long tubes and off road pipe if I want them but i'm hesitant because of the noise factor. I want to keep my Roush mufflers but I'm not sure how loud it will be.

thx

Thanks Brother, it was money well spent.

Yeah, I kept the stock exhaust from axles back mainly because I wanted to keep the 4.5" tips. Many of the aftermarket axle backs are 4" and to be honest I'm real happy with the tone of the ARH Longtubes / ARH O/R H-pipe / factory axle back set up.

455HO71

Established Member
Ya, the stock GT500 mufflers actually had a decent tone for stockers. I just don't want to switch back at this point. Maybe I'll just do the VMP power pkg and call it a day..until I upgrade to the TVS. I don't want to go thru the trouble and money if I'm not going to be happy with the sound.

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Nice numbers! Pics of the Snow meth?

2008 GT500
2013 TVS powered
couple of quick pics.......

They placed the boxes on top of the fuse panel box to avoid having to drill extra holes, should we ever want to take the car back to stock. The top pic shows the placement of the 2 injectors.
snow2_zps692b9849.jpg

snow_zps63ff70d2.jpg

Last edited:

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Very nice numbers. I am hoping to see right at 700 with my set up. Its almost the same as yours except no lower or meth. Maybe ill get lucky.

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Nice numbers! Did you do any pulls without the meth?

No, but my neighbor put a 2013 TVS on his 08' a few months ago. His mods are similar to mine minus the meth, 10% lower and long tubes. He put down 701hp. If you want to check it out you can view his dyno pull is on youtube under "Fastlane Motorsports Tony Fen".

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Very nice numbers. I am hoping to see right at 700 with my set up. Its almost the same as yours except no lower or meth. Maybe ill get lucky.

Awesome, I'll be on the lookout for your numbers when you post them. Something you might want to consider is sending your blower to Stiegemeier for porting and polishing. He'll give you another 25hp for $500. He hasn't worked mine yet but I'll probably send it to him soon.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your numbers.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
No, but my neighbor put a 2013 TVS on his 08' a few months ago. His mods are similar to mine minus the meth, 10% lower and long tubes. He put down 701hp. If you want to check it out you can view his dyno pull is on youtube under "Fastlane Motorsports Tony Fen".

701rwhp on the stock 2013 pulley and no LTs?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nice bloomin numbers Kenwood. Dam ! That meth setup is sweet to. I will admit I am to scared to run that 10% lower.....

But dam those numbers.....

MUST RESIST THE PULL!!!!!

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
701rwhp on the stock 2013 pulley and no LTs?

Sorry for the confusion--he has the 2013 5.8 TVS with a 2.4 upper......no long tubes. He has other mods: JLT 127mm, FRPP 65mm TB, injectors, some exhaust upgrades, etc. His comment to me was "there's not enough gain to justify the cost of long tubes". Obviously I disagree.

Kenwood1113

HERE FOR THE PARTY
Established Member
Nice bloomin numbers Kenwood. Dam ! That meth setup is sweet to. I will admit I am to scared to run that 10% lower.....

But dam those numbers.....

MUST RESIST THE PULL!!!!!

Brother, I thought long and hard about the 2.4 upper / 10% lower combo. Reached out to several experts (Mr. Stiegemeier himself, BJ from VMP, Caleb from Fastlane and a few guys who are running a 2.4 and 10% combo). What I learned is the combo works really well in conjunction with the necessary supporting mods (i.e. long tubes and meth). This set up would not be recommended for road racing where RPM's stay high for prolonged periods of time. This isn't the car we'll run at V.I.R. but it's awesome for roll on racing or the drag strip.

In the end, I was very confident in the total set up and am stoked with the results. We're not pushing too much boost and there's room for a more aggressive tune if we feel the need for more power. The blower is operating in the upper threshold of it's efficiency window, IAT's are low, torque comes on quick and turns into a tabletop from 2,500 - 6,250 RPM's.

I would recommend the set up without reservation.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Those are awesome numbers. No matter how much I pulley down my Whipple I don't think I'll ever see torque like that. Nice job.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Brother, I thought long and hard about the 2.4 upper / 10% lower combo. Reached out to several experts (Mr. Stiegemeier himself, BJ from VMP, Caleb from Fastlane and a few guys who are running a 2.4 and 10% combo). What I learned is the combo works really well in conjunction with the necessary supporting mods (i.e. long tubes and meth). This set up would not be recommended for road racing where RPM's stay high for prolonged periods of time. This isn't the car we'll run at V.I.R. but it's awesome for roll on racing or the drag strip.

In the end, I was very confident in the total set up and am stoked with the results. We're not pushing too much boost and there's room for a more aggressive tune if we feel the need for more power. The blower is operating in the upper threshold of it's efficiency window, IAT's are low, torque comes on quick and turns into a tabletop from 2,500 - 6,250 RPM's.

I would recommend the set up without reservation.
Nice . Very nice. Bigger injectors, and Meth... H/E will be soon. real soon. Oh man...its sooooooo tempting. But lol I have issues putting down to the ground what I have now !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread