2013 Turbo Beetle vs Lexus is300 Sportback

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Took the wife's car to the dealer to have it serviced and fix an problem with the passenger door. On the way there, there was an is300 sportback that cut me off without using his signal; I mean dude was pretty close to hitting me so I braked my speed to give him some room. So not thinking much of it, I went into the next lane over and went around him. Passed the tollbooth, and thought "hm, I've never really got a chance to get on it ever since I've got this tune from APR." So I kicked it into sport mode and punched it. I seriously felt like I was breaking the speed barrier going into WOT entering another dimension. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, the tune really did wonders: faster acceleration, higher top end and was higher revving. Cars ahead were coming up pretty quickly so I shut it down at around 130. Put it back into economy mode and cruised in the lane over when suddenly I see a familiar car coming up behind me FAST, weaving in and out of traffic to catch up. Still cruising in the lane over, I looked over and there he was, so when traffic cleared we both hit it. He has a quicker takeoff and I also had some turbo lag, but I was reeling him with ease. The outcomes were pretty much even and consistent whoever got the hit first although I pulled very quickly top end on each one. He threw up his hazards within the first run but would turn them off when I started pulling

Would've loved to see the outcome had it been from a dead stop, but on a 4 lane freeway that just wasn't possible.

Fun runs either way, does anyone have any experience with these cars?

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
driving angry in Orlando? I see you doing a Paul Walker except the VW probably can't get a high enough speed to kill you in a crash with a tree.

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Bettle FTMFW.........repairs on a 2013 already?

Surprising right? Well the repair wasn't that major as the window was just mis-aligned inside the door panel.

IS300s are mid 15 second cars in stock form. Nice kill I guess?

Ahh, thanks for the info. Makes sense since the beetle makes similar numbers. Ran a 14.8 @ 96 mph when it was bone stock, so with the new tune added it should be a solid low 14 second car easily.

driving angry in Orlando? I see you doing a Paul Walker except the VW probably can't get a high enough speed to kill you in a crash with a tree.

Oh absolutely, too bad I couldn't find 2 18 wheelers to pass in between or have a chance to do my signature driving backwards in traffic while giving my competitor the finger move. :rollseyes

Remember, I wasn't the one throwing up my hazards nor was I the one weaving in and out of traffic like a maniac. I casually went on around him since I like keeping my distance from those sort of drivers. He eventually stopped and that's where we had an opportunity to do our runs fairly. So I'm not sure how you came up with that conclusion.

Thanks for your opinion on the matter however. Although it was inevitable, I still have my flamesuit on and ready. :)

I've always liked your posts here on svtp, but I just lost all respect for you. You're ****ing sick.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Surprising right? Well the repair wasn't that major as the window was just mis-aligned inside the door panel.

Ahh, thanks for the info. Makes sense since the beetle makes similar numbers. Ran a 14.8 @ 96 mph when it was bone stock, so with the new tune added it should be a solid low 14 second car easily.

Oh absolutely, too bad I couldn't find 2 18 wheelers to pass in between or have a chance to do my signature driving backwards in traffic while giving my competitor the finger move. :rollseyes

Remember, I wasn't the one throwing up my hazards nor was I the one weaving in and out of traffic like a maniac. I casually went on around him since I like keeping my distance from those sort of drivers. He eventually stopped and that's where we had an opportunity to do our runs fairly. So I'm not sure how you came up with that conclusion.

Thanks for your opinion on the matter however. Although it was inevitable, I still have my flamesuit on and ready. :)

I've always liked your posts here on svtp, but I just lost all respect for you. You're ****ing sick.

Don't let your friends drive that power monster, LOL! Nice kill.

I have a dark sense of humor, it was aimed at the slow Beetle. I never seen any of your posts before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread