245.8 KB · Views: 2,113
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407860579.036012.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407860579.036012.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 2,130
Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
That's Stephen Smith's old car. Why are you selling it again so quickly?

Bullitt3478

Established Member
I missed out on this car by hours when you bought it.. Why selling so quickly , if ya don't mind me asking

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I bought the car two months ago, title was lost. My buddy Steven got a replacement title through ford and it's in his name, the title is clear and the car is not registered because of above title issue. We have the tittle now and I was placing car up for sale to see if anyone wanted it before I pay $1900 in sales tax on it. The car is financed through navy federal but I do currently have the title. Basically you could come in meet me go to the bank pay it off together and I hand you the title at the bank and you see title free and clear.

Another previous interested party had his dmv say if he tried to register a car that isn't currently registered he'd have to apply for a bonded title and go to court or some crazy BS but that's simply false information he was given. I sell cars like this all the time especially ones I flip and don't pay taxes on when I'm setting up for a sale.

davidbcasey

Established Member
I bought the car two months ago, title was lost. My buddy Steven got a replacement title through ford and it's in his name, the title is clear and the car is not registered because of above title issue. We have the tittle now and I was placing car up for sale to see if anyone wanted it before I pay $1900 in sales tax on it. The car is financed through navy federal but I do currently have the title. Basically you could come in meet me go to the bank pay it off together and I hand you the title at the bank and you see title free and clear.

Another previous interested party had his dmv say if he tried to register a car that isn't currently registered he'd have to apply for a bonded title and go to court or some crazy BS but that's simply false information he was given. I sell cars like this all the time especially ones I flip and don't pay taxes on when I'm setting up for a sale.

Actually, you cannot sell a car that is not registered/titled in your name. Your bank hasnt asked for the title as collateral? Good luck selling a car that is not legally yours...

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Actually, you cannot sell a car that is not registered/titled in your name. Your bank hasnt asked for the title as collateral? Good luck selling a car that is not legally yours...

Yes they have, I'm in a window where it got sent to me and I hold it and we could meet at the bank, yes you actually can I've done it about 10 times. What do you think used car lots do, go to DMV and register it when someone trades a car in? What if I get a barn find that's been sitting that's not registered and it belonged to joe smoes daddy but he's dead and the son has the title? It's not as difficult as you guys are reading into

You're obviously not interested in the car and seems as if you know the previous interested party as you came in asking those exact questions an hour after he and I had the issue arise, please carry on.

Last edited:

davidbcasey

Established Member
Not sure what you mean...regardless, it's a nice car and would be a lot easier to sell if you get the title issue fixed. Unless you can find a local buyer. Hard to buy something sight unseen with any red flags. The reason I asked those questions is because I had a similar issue with the last car I bought. Major PITA. Wont happen again.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I'll have the car registered next week, however at that point the the title will no longer be in my possession and he buyer all have to understand it may take a couple weeks to get sent after DMV does their part then it gets shipped out after loan is paid off, I'm just trying to prevent paying taxes if I don't need to

Users who are viewing this thread