2013 stripe questions

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I remember reading a few people having issued with the stripes on the regular boss when the 13 came out, bubbling and not sticking if I recall. Anyone had any other problems with the finish of these stripes?

Also what are you guys using to clean/protect them? I had a couple 03 machs a while back and waxed the flat stripe from time to time. But the new boss is a different material. Also any of you had stains on the stripes? Clay them? Thanks!

Dadz500

Established Member
I used Zaino on mine. Left a few little streaks but nothing very noticeable. I had the same issue with my Roush, I found that if I just loaded it up with Zaino all the streaks went away. With this one I am trying a slightly different approach and putting 3 coats on every time I Zaino it. I have heard that Adams makes a product that works very well on the stripes. If you Google Adams car stripe cleaning you will see the video and see it works very well.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I used Zaino on mine. Left a few little streaks but nothing very noticeable. I had the same issue with my Roush, I found that if I just loaded it up with Zaino all the streaks went away. With this one I am trying a slightly different approach and putting 3 coats on every time I Zaino it. I have heard that Adams makes a product that works very well on the stripes. If you Google Adams car stripe cleaning you will see the video and see it works very well.

I will check that out, thanks!

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I will check that out, thanks!

I'm a big Adam's Polishes user. I would not take clay to the stripes. The Adam's product I use is the Super VRT (vinyl, rubber, tire). It works well, protects with 35spf and beads water. Adam's has other options as well, I'll try to find the link to the Adam's video in the morning.

kbroush

Established Member
Back to your question about bubbling, I have a small bubble on my hood. It was there when I bought it off the show room floor. It bothers me but I don't know if they would fix that or not.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I'm a big Adam's Polishes user. I would not take clay to the stripes. The Adam's product I use is the Super VRT (vinyl, rubber, tire). It works well, protects with 35spf and beads water. Adam's has other options as well, I'll try to find the link to the Adam's video in the morning.

Cool thanks, any pics with the stuff applied on yours?

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Back to your question about bubbling, I have a small bubble on my hood. It was there when I bought it off the show room floor. It bothers me but I don't know if they would fix that or not.

I am sure they would fix it, would just be worried about them not getting the new one on right. Mine has a few tiny bubbles, I will live with those before I let the dealership jack it up trying to replace and possibly have more bubbles

sb03cobra

Established Member

Yes they will.

I had two bubbles on my hood when I picked up the car. they took pics and ordered the stripes, took about three weeks to come in.

My dealer sent the car to a local graphics shop for the replacement and they did an outstanding job.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Cool thanks, any pics with the stuff applied on yours?

Not yet, I haven't had time to do a proper detail on it (only had it less than two weeks) and the stuff the dealer used seems to be holding up decently but I still want to get that mess off of it. I'm trying to make time this evening/tomorrow morning. I'll get some posted up eventually...

kbroush

Established Member
Yes they will.

I had two bubbles on my hood when I picked up the car. they took pics and ordered the stripes, took about three weeks to come in.

My dealer sent the car to a local graphics shop for the replacement and they did an outstanding job.

Thanks for the info. I have to talk to the dealership tomorrow anyways so I will bug them about this as well!

RSKtakR

Established Member
I just got my Boss 2 days ago, and was wondering about if I can just wax that vinyl with the rest of the car too. I was using that ICE by turtle wax on my 2011 GT and was happy with it, but leary of using that on my Boss because of the stripes.

Users who are viewing this thread