2013 Shelby value?

Zeroescence

Established Member
I'm about to go thru a divorce and was wondering what my car would be worth trade in value as that would be the quickest way to get rid of it. I have done some research on used prices and KBB is not up to date on 2013 yet. So I guess I'm just asking forum members, should I try and sell it or trade it in towards a cheap car for DD? I love my car but its the first thing to go once I loose her income.

If I was to sell it it only has 1700 miles and a bunch of mods. Most on here know my car and would really appreciate any help you all could offer. Thanks for your help as this is my first and last divorce. :nonono:

Options:
Nav
Performance pack
Track pack
Recaros
Shaker pro

Plus:
MGW short throw shifter
Magnaflow comp and street cat back
Shelby watts link
Steeda lowering springs
Jlt carbon res delete
Airaid filter
MMD hood struts
15 % window tint
Eleanor louvers
Shelby snake shift knob
Bobs passenger side carbon oil separator
Amsoil trans and motor oil
Black out kit on all reflectors and center tail

Thanks again for any help.

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

ad0a62e7.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

Last edited:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
10k where do I send check

Jk...gl....nice car. Best advice, price it where you think its worth and stick to that price. Someone will scoop it up. Il

reason4treason

Established Member
this is the first year of the rest of your life

I would say 'sorry to hear about the D' but I've been through that once and by that point, it was more a relief than anything else. Don't know how it is for you but judging by your participation on this site you're good people who deserves good things. Wish you all the best in the remainder of 2013.

After seeing 2013 Vette prices drop at least 14,000 already on Grand Sport, 427, and Z06, as well as 18,000 on the ZR1 I considered selling. Once the c7 is revealed they'll for sure drop even more. At some point, it might be worth serious consideration. I'd begin haggling at 2K under msrp for mine for my blue sky price. If you're trading, especially on anything used, dealers have more wiggle room.

You live in So Cal and a bunch of those dealerships have such huge ADM on the ones they sold, they might be a good choice to offer you a good price with not more than a couple grand off your purchase price. Trouble is, it's winter and a bunch of people have used ones listed. I really do think prices will rebound in spring.

From what I understand, PayPal charges 2.9% so that eats up a chunk if you go that route and sell privately.

Hope it all works out for you.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I would say 'sorry to hear about the D' but I've been through that once and by that point, it was more a relief than anything else. Don't know how it is for you but judging by your participation on this site you're good people who deserves good things. Wish you all the best in the remainder of 2013.

After seeing 2013 Vette prices drop at least 14,000 already on Grand Sport, 427, and Z06, as well as 18,000 on the ZR1 I considered selling. Once the c7 is revealed they'll for sure drop even more. At some point, it might be worth serious consideration. I'd begin haggling at 2K under msrp for mine for my blue sky price. If you're trading, especially on anything used, dealers have more wiggle room.

You live in So Cal and a bunch of those dealerships have such huge ADM on the ones they sold, they might be a good choice to offer you a good price with not more than a couple grand off your purchase price. Trouble is, it's winter and a bunch of people have used ones listed. I really do think prices will rebound in spring.

From what I understand, PayPal charges 2.9% so that eats up a chunk if you go that route and sell privately.

Hope it all works out for you.

Thanks man. It was good pm-ing back and forth with you in the past. My problem is I hope I can wait it out till spring to sell it. I'm not looking to make money just get the payment off my hands so I can pay for all the things that come with divorce.

Happy new year SVTPerformance.

SVTKen

Established Member
Sorry to see you have to sell it. You should do fine on the sale. If you have a Carmax nearby, you can try them first, but I recommend you advertise on autotrader or in the local newspaper and sell it to an individual buyer. These cars are selling very well now, even the used ones.

JakeSpoon3

Established Member
Hate to hear anyone must sell their car due to an impending divorce. I'm with most others though. Probably a good idea to check all of the aforementioned places (Carmax, local dealers, individual sales, etc.). I would also start with a price close to a thousand or two off MSRP. All things considered, the car is in fact basically brand new depending on dings / paint chips. You will probably pick up quite a few offers from forum members looking for a 13. When I sold my 2011 in January of 12, the members on here pointed me in the right direction and I sold it with ease to a member in New Mexico. Best of luck with the sale and everything to come in the new year.

I feel your pain on the divorce though...it runs in my family as well. My brother has been divorced three times (he has a penchant for secretaries) and probably has the most expensive home in our county...since he has paid for it three times...

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Put it back to stock, list it here and on autotrader, cars.com, etc for $2k under MSRP.

Sorry to hear about the divorce

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
damn dude! that really sucks.....I say sell most of your mods, ill take dibs on the mgw shifter.

also +1 to what chris said, list that baby for just under msrp and she will sell, very desirable combo

good luck with the divorce

Zeroescence

Established Member
Thanks a bunch guys. I hope to make a deal on here so I can get this beauty to someone who can keep her on the forums and get a great deal on a slightly modded Shelby before stripping her down and selling it to a dealer.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the divorce, been there, done that.....life does get better....
Having said that, you should have no problem selling the car for relatively close to MSRP in my opinion, I would remove the mods. If you do decide to do that,let me know if you want to sell the comp series.

Marc

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the divorce.

I would say price it near MSRP here first for someone that knows what they are getting in a car. If that don't work, demod it and list it everywhere else. Someone is going to get a helluva car.

Kapy

Established Member
I'm about to go thru a divorce and was wondering what my car would be worth trade in value as that would be the quickest way to get rid of it. I have done some research on used prices and KBB is not up to date on 2013 yet. So I guess I'm just asking forum members, should I try and sell it or trade it in towards a cheap car for DD? I love my car but its the first thing to go once I loose her income.

If I was to sell it it only has 1700 miles and a bunch of mods. Most on here know my car and would really appreciate any help you all could offer. Thanks for your help as this is my first and last divorce. :nonono:

Options:
Nav
Performance pack
Track pack
Recaros
Shaker pro

Plus:
MGW short throw shifter
Magnaflow comp and street cat back
Shelby watts link
Steeda lowering springs
Jlt carbon res delete
Airaid filter
MMD hood struts
15 % window tint
Eleanor louvers
Shelby snake shift knob
Bobs passenger side carbon oil separator
Amsoil trans and motor oil
Black out kit on all reflectors and center tail

Thanks again for any help.

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

ad0a62e7.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg
Zeroescence I would not take anything less than MSRP. Put it on Autotrader and you will sell it fast. As for the mods, yeah if you can I would take them off as well and put the car back to stock and sell the mods separately. You will never get the value back on the car.

Good luck with the Big D, sorry to hear about that.

yorbaraptor

Established Member
Sorry to hear of the pending divorce.
If you do need to sell any of the add ons give me a shout. I'm in so cal too.

Also before taking any mods off try bringing it to cars and coffee in Irvine on Saturdays. You may just get a few people interested there, Maybe ask MSRP or a little better. So. Cal Market for these cars is a little higher than most areas. I don't know what kind of drive it would be for you to get there, But most people usually show up from 5:30 am til about 8:00 am. on good day this place is packed!

If you want to try this let me know and I could meet up with you somewhere around the 91 freeway and imperial highway as I live in that area, Just pick a nice sunny warm weekend, Not many of those lately, LOL.

Anyway Good luck with the sale.

Jim (yorbaraptor):burnout:

Madlock

Established Member
Man, sorry to hear about the D. Hopefully it's a relief. Lot's o' mods for so few miles - things really must've flown out of left field. Hopefully living in California helps, rather than hurts, your situation. SO glad to have put my own behind me so long ago and to have found much greener pastures. Apparently God indeed smiles upon children and fools.

A key here will be to get your deal done BEFORE '14s start arriving which will be earlier than ever and sooner than most expect. There's going to be little or no downtime. The "D" becomes an "E" and the next cars are '14s. I'd recommend listing on as many sources as possible, but leave PayPal to the birds on an item like this. The LAST thing you need (besides another car nut to cover) is a "significantly not as described" dispute, OR to pay a couple grand in transaction fees.

Your market should serve you well. If you sell it to a private party, try to coordinate the deal with a local dealership that can handle the sale as a pass-through so you can apply any proceeds to reduce your sales tax liability. That can save a few grand unto itself.

Your mods won't mean diddly to a dealer - in fact they'll only degrade its value. If your'e selling to a private party, you MAY be able to recoup the cost of the Watts Link which is a true bolt-on handling improvement with the Shelby name. Everything else is better-off taken OFF the car and parted out here or on eBay.

Without knowing how upside down you may be, I'd recommend a daily driver with long-term 0% financing to keep your payment low, or even perhaps a lease which gets you a lot of car for relatively little out of your pocket without creating a brand new marital asset to divide later - while leaving maximum cash for shyters and such.

FWIW, yours is one of 21 such cars, 6 in CA. (77 and 12 if you count ones that ordered the car cover too.)

Best of luck.

reason4treason

Established Member
Your market should serve you well. If you sell it to a private party, try to coordinate the deal with a local dealership that can handle the sale as a pass-through so you can apply any proceeds to reduce your sales tax liability. That can save a few grand unto itself.
QUOTE]

Could you please explain a bit the specifics about what a pass-through is and how it's done?

thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread