2013 shelby oil recommended?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Please allow me to save him time.

Factory engine fill is 8.5 quarts

Amsoil 10W-40 – Use this if you have the stock 192* thermostat, or you road race your car for extended sessions. This lubricant requires changing every 12 months or 15,000 miles, whichever occur first.

Amsoil 10W-30 – Use this if you have the Reisch 170* thermostat, and you do NOT road race your car. Street brawls and drag racing is OK with this lubricant. This lubricant requires changing every 12 months or 15,000 miles, whichever occur first.

Amsoil RD30 - alternate replacement for the best anti-wear protection for serious GT500's that are over 650-700 rwhp, using the 170* thermostat, and especially an E85 car. This lubricant requires changing every 6 months or 5,000 miles, whichever occur first.

I strongly suggest using RD30 when you crank up the boost and delete the cats. It has the most robust additive package of all three lubricants listed.

Amsoil EaO11 oil filter - 98.7% efficiency @ 20 microns, yet still flow better than a Motorcraft FL-820 (only 93.7% efficiency @ 20 microns).

Make your T6060 transmission shift like butter.

Amsoil Synthetic ATF - 3.6 quart fill (non-track pack) add one quart for the extra track pack transmission cooler

Bottle Hand Pump - fits quarts and gallons (makes refilling the transmission and rear differential very easy)

For your rear differential

Amsoil 75W-90 – 2 quart fill (non-track pack) add one extra quart for the track pack differential cooler.

Friction modifier is only required in the standard clutch pack differential. Do not use it in the gear type Torsen included with the track pack option.

Amsoil Slip Lock - 1 bottle required

Maybe in the future you would be interested to know how well your engine is performing internally. It's also a good community contribution to the UOA chart I have been putting together. All help is appreciated.

UOA testing kit

UOA Thread

and never pay retail price for it. Get it at dealer cost by adding this to your cart before you check out (save 20-25% on everything).

Preferred Customer

If you ever have any questions, please let me know.

Troy

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Oil cap says 5w50? Can I still put another grade? So many different types lol confusing

If you would read this thread, that question would have already been answered for you.

GT500 UOA thread

and this post...

10W-40 vs. 5W-50

I just viewed back over this older thread and recalled all the humor I got from Moby Dick. He was so clueless about engine lubricants and wouldn't believe me, he made it a personal vendetta to trash me in every thread he could find me talking about engine lubricants across the internet. Classic! I proved this guy wrong so many times, he doesn't show his face around here anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread