2013 Shelby Mods that make you go "MOTHER OF GOD!"

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Highest hopes are 8.50's. Below that will be incredibly hard with a 6 speed. I'm really "hoping" the Magnum XL will take the abuse. I really should swap a Liberty in for my power level and then Low 8's high 7's could be possible. Lots of ideas floating around in my head :))))

Lol..I bet. U my friend are a sick individual...keep on rocking lol.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Custom 10 point "BIRD"cage going in at Bivins Chassis. Getting legal for NMRA Bowling Green and ready to put the pedal to the metal!

cage_zps3bfb861a.jpg
"]
cage_zps3bfb861a.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

BIRDDOC

Established Member
What shock settings are you running on the rear bird doc? Would love to use them as a baseline.

I don't have the settings off hand and my Shelby is 2 hours away from me getting the 10 pt cage. I'll try to get that info for you soon. I would also suggest calling Viking. We started off on settings they recommended and did not change much from them from what I remember.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not legal in True Street and probably the GT500/Cobra NMRA shootouts, but a good idea.
Interesting on the s197s and cage, the SN95 cars its easier to take the roof off.
Can't wait to see it all put together clean.
-J

rodfarva

Established Member
Not legal, but probably would be overlooked as long as it's not obvious.

Rules are made to be bent/broken

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I was going to put Optic Armor glass in the front and back until I read the rules. It looks stock and about 30 lbs wt loss. Some of the rules in the GT500/Term class need to be revisited. Especially intercooled placement, use of dry sump oil systems, and the use of alternative glass that looks stock. If you run faster than 7.50's you have to have a Lexan based glass to be legal for NHRA. I bet the GT500/Term class see's Shelby's running 7.50's in the next year. Competitors are getting pretty serious.

rodfarva

Established Member
The rules seem kind of arbitrary. I know of a car that ran last year that had front lexan and dry sump

rodfarva

Established Member
Very few classes in drag racing make every car adhere to every rule. They might add a weight penalty, or sometimes they get overlooked. It's amazing how people bend the rules regarding suspension, tubs, firewalls, and frame rails in a lot of classes

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I have not updated this thread in 2 yrs or so. Here are some updated pics! LOL. A lot has changed from a couple bolt-ons. Car is now built for Hot Rod Dragweek and Outlaw True Street. Still driven on the street. Just a little faster :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 369
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg