2013 Shelby GT500 Drag Times Thread

ebondragon87

Established Member
MY best times so far. Track is Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, CO. Don't know how well I'm doing as I've on been down the track about 20 times. Oh and the one on the far left 3rd gear did not cooperate for me.

Mods are JLT inlet, Ford Racing Axle back, MGW shifter and Nitto NT05R DR in 305/45R18 mounted on some Racestar Dark Star 18x10.5's

20160713_214844_resized.jpg

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
MY best times so far. Track is Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, CO. Don't know how well I'm doing as I've on been down the track about 20 times. Oh and the one on the far left 3rd gear did not cooperate for me.

Mods are JLT inlet, Ford Racing Axle back, MGW shifter and Nitto NT05R DR in 305/45R18 mounted on some Racestar Dark Star 18x10.5's

View attachment 70589

OP where are you shifting the car? IMO even at 8000+ DA your car should be trapping higher than 113mph. Are you on stock tune? If so, how are you launching the car? I'm not sure how well those drag radials will help on a stock tune because of the clutch protection feature.

ebondragon87

Established Member
OP where are you shifting the car? IMO even at 8000+ DA your car should be trapping higher than 113mph. Are you on stock tune? If so, how are you launching the car? I'm not sure how well those drag radials will help on a stock tune because of the clutch protection feature.

Shifting right before redline, stock tune. I have the launch control at 4000 rpm with the DR's. When I was running the stock wheels on pirelli p-zeros I got all my best times easing it off the line (best being 12.7 as well) I didn't know about a clutch protection feature, I noticed with the drag radials the car hates doing burn outs. I was thinking of setting the launch control a little lower this coming Wednesday.

paluka21

Established Member
Shifting right before redline, stock tune. I have the launch control at 4000 rpm with the DR's. When I was running the stock wheels on pirelli p-zeros I got all my best times easing it off the line (best being 12.7 as well) I didn't know about a clutch protection feature, I noticed with the drag radials the car hates doing burn outs. I was thinking of setting the launch control a little lower this coming Wednesday.

Perhaps your best bet when running drag radials is to turn off all nannies including traction control and launch control and see how you do. Clutch protection will kick in any time the PCM detects clutch slippage and will make the car feel as though it's bogging and being held back...which it essentially is.

ebondragon87

Established Member
Perhaps your best bet when running drag radials is to turn off all nannies including traction control and launch control and see how you do. Clutch protection will kick in any time the PCM detects clutch slippage and will make the car feel as though it's bogging and being held back...which it essentially is.

I will give it a shot tomorrow weather providing.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
It made 875 on 22 degrees, this run was on the 20. It was really hot so I didn't want to lean on it too much. Plus it was a traction control race so it held the car back. I averaged 35mph splits on TC off runs but I couldn't get it to hook so I turned TC on for a A to B pass. When I put a tire on it and it cools off, I'll go for 9s with the 22 degree tune up

TT91Coupe

Established Member
Hey Justin,
What track did you run at? Nice times, it has been really hot lately too! Disreguard...

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Been awhile since i've even done anything with mine. I just started leaning on her this pass. RPM limited and 18 degrees of timing. Still a stock block with a 3.4 whipple. It was a 2318 DA and it was HOT as hell. This car is going to go a .20

31B5CD1E-D1BF-4690-8373-CB751C05F732_zps3tcxgfnh.jpg

HighTorque

Established Member
Cant upload pics but just pulled pb

texas motorplex
11.2 1/4 1.8 60' 128mph

car has jlt intake, scj monoblade, tune on 93, 15" rear wheels mt street pro's

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Getting Faster. The weather is starting to get a little better now down here and the DA is dropping. Final pass of the night. Gulfport dragway in Mississippi. 1470 DA it had just rained earlier and the temps were 82 at night with almost 70% humidity. I was able to ice the blower down before this pass and I was rushed to get into the final call for staging. This thing still has more in it but I was able to knock birddoc down a notch in the stock motor section. No Nitrous...whipple 3.4 and supporting mods. I'm happy as hell.

I'll be at bowling green this year. Leaving in the morning.

9F1ABEA6-2AAA-42B1-8D7A-4F4AA7446958_zpshyapzcln.jpg

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Well looks like full weight cars are only gonna go about 9.70. Broke a rod on the last pass but it was on a mission. Sucks but now it will be a built motor.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
2014 GT500 VMP Gen 2, 2.4" Pulley...NO OD Pulley, Kooks Headers, ORX, Corsas, 373 Gears, 29" Slicks, 127 JLT, BPS TBody, Mcleod Clutch,MGW2 Shifter, Bigs and Smalls....9.90 at 137 and 9.97 at 140....car has also gone 144.6 on a poorly prepped track spinning out of the hole so probably helped my mph....i think i may be the only car to run 9's with a tvs and NO OD pulley....

Users who are viewing this thread